1.    #1  
    Hello. My Treo 750 will not alert when a text message is received.

I have played with every setting on the phone that I can find, making sure that a sound is selected for message alert under preferences. I installed the new audio update from Palm. I have researched TreoCentral until my eyeballs are shot. Still no luck

Can anyone tell me how to get an alert when my Treo 750 receives a text message?

Thank you,
    Russell
    Im having the same issue....even after installing the 750 audio update.....I sometimes hear it and sometimes do not. And for some reason it keeps changing from waterfall alert to alert triangle within the settings???
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc View Post
    Hello. My Treo 750 will not alert when a text message is received.

I have played with every setting on the phone that I can find, making sure that a sound is selected for message alert under preferences. I installed the new audio update from Palm. I have researched TreoCentral until my eyeballs are shot. Still no luck

Can anyone tell me how to get an alert when my Treo 750 receives a text message?

Thank you,
    Russell
    Same thing here.. and it' PISSSING me off... Nothing like missing important texts.. I even have Vibrate on.. and not even a buzz...
    I found this when I upgraded to wm6, make sure on the first tab of sounds and notifications the top 3 boxes are all ticked. In wm 5 I only had ticked the 2nd two but would hear texts. HTH
  5.    #5  
    herbert,

Thanks, but I have everything checked that I can check - still no text or e-mail alerts.

Any other ideas.

I want to badly upgrade to WM6 but am afraid that I will "brick" my Cingular/ATT Treo 750. Should I be scared?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc View Post
    herbert,

Thanks, but I have everything checked that I can check - still no text or e-mail alerts.

Any other ideas.

I want to badly upgrade to WM6 but am afraid that I will "brick" my Cingular/ATT Treo 750. Should I be scared?
    Figured it out.. The FECKING volume is controlled by the System Volume not the Phone Volume.. Hit the volume button and then push the left side all the way up and then try it..

When it's loud enough to hear that god aweful key click then you can hear the SMS.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I don't have this problem on my 750 w/WM6. However, I just got a txt msg from ATT informing me about an imp Audio update from Palm.

Here's the link to the Cab File: Palm 750 Audio Update
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette View Post
    Figured it out.. The FECKING volume is controlled by the System Volume not the Phone Volume.. Hit the volume button and then push the left side all the way up and then try it..

When it's loud enough to hear that god aweful key click then you can hear the SMS.
    Key click? You can turn that off also in Sounds & Notifications. Uncheck "events" I believe
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    Key click? You can turn that off also in Sounds & Notifications. Uncheck "events" I believe
    But if I shut that off... I wont get any SMS, or Calendar notifications will I?

I have Screen taps off... But that click whenever hit the start button or anything in the start menu is irritating as hell..