1.    #1  
    I made the mistake of installing a few GPS golf programs and think one of them conflicted with TomTom because TomTom stopped recognizing my bluetooth receiver. I hard reset, reinstalled, deleted anything that could be a problem on my SD card, but it still won't pick up the GPS feed from my TomTom bluetooth unit even though the GPS is blinking and getting a signal.

Any ideas what the problem could be? I guess it is possible that the until died on me, but I wish I had another bluetooth receiver to confirm.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Since you hard reset, did you re-pair the devices?
    Pilot 1000>Palm Pilot>Palm IIIx>Visor Prism>Toshiba e310>Toshiba e740>PPC-6700>Treo 700wx
    <a href="http://www.xianfox.com">xianfox.com</a>
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Ditch the Tom-Tom and buy a Garmin Mobile 10.
    I use the cheapest one on the market, never fails 2 years now. Its not always the $. Did you assign the ports again, then in TomTom make sure you pick the right one thats assigned to your BT. Not just re-pairing.
  5.    #5  
    I did re-pair it and TomTom actually pairs it automatically when you select the device since it is the TomTom receiver and select serial port. I tried deleting it and repairing it without using TomTom's automatic method. However, it has a ? mark next to it and there aren't any com ports associated with it.

I wish there was a store that sold decent units because I'd hate to buy a new unit only to find out it is something with the software.
  6.    #6  
    Also, under the configure GPS option in TomTom it shows that it is connected (spinning yellow and black wheel), but that there isn't a valid GPS signal, even though the bluetooth unit is blinking, indicating a signal.
    Guess I'm glad I didn't buy the TomTom one, seems like the generic ones easier to setup.
  8.    #8  
    well it definitely was the receiver that died on me. I bought a new Oncourse edition 3 from buygpsnow and it works great. I actually paired it in my basement and it still got a signal. Only 49.95, which seems like a great deal.

I have a feeling one of the many programs fried the tomtom receiver, but it would have been nice to get a reply from tomtom's customer service on their website. Either way, it's a $50 upgrade for a much better receiver with much better battery life.