1.    #1  
    Has anyone done the update with bluetooth?

I can't sync via the USB cable any more. I've been syncign with bluetooth flawlessly for a couple of months now.

If I can't do it with bluetooth, then I guess I can't do the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbla View Post
    Has anyone done the update with bluetooth?

I can't sync via the USB cable any more. I've been syncign with bluetooth flawlessly for a couple of months now.

If I can't do it with bluetooth, then I guess I can't do the update.
    There is no Bluetooth update.

-Frank
    I understand the question. If you sync via BT and leave the device "connected" in activesync, why not at least try it? Worst that would happen is the updater won't find your device.

My better advice would be to fix your USB problem, perhaps disable all firewall apps and uncheck "enable enhanced USB connections" in your settings.
    Try searching A2DP update.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    I understand the question. If you sync via BT and leave the device "connected" in activesync, why not at least try it? Worst that would happen is the updater won't find your device.

My better advice would be to fix your USB problem, perhaps disable all firewall apps and uncheck "enable enhanced USB connections" in your settings.
    I've not been able to get it to sync via USB unless I hard reset. I could do that, then do the update, but then I won't be able to restore because of the modified registry.

My concern with Bluetooth is that the update runs at a lower level than the operating system and will either not work or even worse leave my Treo in an unusable state.

Oh well - thanks anyway!
    You should never restore a backup after firmware update anyway. Registry files change, and restoring old ones can cause conflicts. You just need to decide whether I'd now the rom update is worth it for you. If your device is running well I doubt it will be worth it..
  7.    #7  
    Exactly - I CAN'T restore the backup and that means I'd lose everything since the only way I can sync via USB is a hard reset.