1.    #1  
    I had Tom Tom 5 on my 650... I upgraded to 6 on my treo 750 and got a whole new disk and key.

I had to enter my old key to Tom Tom to qualify for the 6 upgrade special.

So does the version 5 stand alone? Can I sell it with my 650?
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette View Post
    I had Tom Tom 5 on my 650... I upgraded to 6 on my treo 750 and got a whole new disk and key.

I had to enter my old key to Tom Tom to qualify for the 6 upgrade special.

So does the version 5 stand alone? Can I sell it with my 650?
    Nobody knows?
    Of course no. You can't sell it.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Read the license for the upgrade. Usually if you upgrade you are not allowed to sell the old version, since your right to the upgrade is contingent on your being licensed for the old one.
    i believe the point is that there was no upgrade path. you ended up buying v6 outright.

the v5 license agreement will probably say you cannot transfer the license. however, your local laws may trump.

s
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Sure sounds from the OP that there was a discounted upgrade. Most upgrade licenses I have read do not allow separation of the old version. If you bought a new full license, then there is generally no problem with reselling the old one as long as you do not keep a copy of any of the materials.