Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    http://ota.getvzappzone.com

This is supposed to be something like Get It Now for the PDA phones. Right now it is only for the WX and the Q.

I tried to install it on the W and it wont allow me.

In the registry there is a key on the 700w
    HCLM\Software\Palm\Phone\PhoneType
    DWORD Data 328448

Can someone post what it is on the 700WX? I am wondering if this is what the installer is looking at?
    itz the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB1 View Post
    http://ota.getvzappzone.com

This is supposed to be something like Get It Now for the PDA phones. Right now it is only for the WX and the Q.

I tried to install it on the W and it wont allow me.

In the registry there is a key on the 700w
    HCLM\Software\Palm\Phone\PhoneType
    DWORD Data 328448

Can someone post what it is on the 700WX? I am wondering if this is what the installer is looking at?
    what exactly does this program offer?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I installed it on my WX and all it is is the Get Apps for VZW. Nothing major. No Nav or anything that you can't get off the software section here. It also adds a today plug-in that gives you a notification of missed calls and missed messages.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    I installed it on my WX and all it is is the Get Apps for VZW. Nothing major. No Nav or anything that you can't get off the software section here. It also adds a today plug-in that gives you a notification of missed calls and missed messages.
    How did you get it to work. My 700wx (ver 1.22) says it needs a newer version of .net then hangs.

BTW - congrats on the 2 wins from a Buckeye...
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I just downloaded and installed the app from the website. I didn't do anythong special.
    Supposedly a palm version will be available soon.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Yeah well it doesn't look like anything good anyways. We don't even get to have the VZ Nav. So all programs that are there are all programs we already have and use.
    i dont think itz ready yet.. as there nothing there .. and verzion really dont know about it lol.. well some of them do.. but not all reps do
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    I just downloaded and installed the app from the website. I didn't do anythong special.
    I did a soft reset and it started working; but it's a half baked product - slow to launch and the just a bunch of adds for various products.

No nav, no phone locator services, etc...

It's getting the boot...
    it only pulls up the download option for the Motorola Q. of course, when i click on that link, come up with "Unrecogized device" message.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I saw that they removed the WX from the list.