Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Apparently Palm has come out with an update to fix the audio problem.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...rt_update.html

I've installed and no issues yet.
    yep I installd it yesturday, and I havent had no issues
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    well still dont see the update for Vodaphone 750v.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Flawless install for me -- 750 on AT&T.
    I guess the software version number does not change...I do see the program in the add remove list now though.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
    I guess the software version number does not change...I do see the program in the add remove list now though.
    I am glad not to be the only one who didn't see the software version change; i was afraid it didn't run correctly. But I too see it in add/remove.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The software version won't change until there's a firmware update. This patch installs some code that supersedes what's in the firmware.
    What about us poor 750v people?
    graylion
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Maybe check Palm Europe's site or ask Vodaphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    What about us poor 750v people?
    I would guess that it was fixed in the 1.16 update, and don't see why you couldn't just install this update. I would certainly make a backup first, then install. Can't see how it would harm anything on the phone
    Well this is what I get for installing 1.16 on my ATT 750. The patch won't install for me. Yet I can tell you that the bug is certainly still there on 1.16 because it does it to me all of the time.

Is there anyway to hack the cab file to fool it and make it installable over 1.16? Or can I manually extract the files and apply them?
    What 1.16 update for 750v? There's nothing on Palm's site at all
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RichChestmat View Post
    What 1.16 update for 750v? There's nothing on Palm's site at all
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...Case=Obj(1854)
    Treo 270, 600, 650, 700p, 750v
    Thanks for posting the 750v update!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Yeah thanks for that. I'm VERY puzzled by the fact that this is coming form a Palm Europe page. But the UK page has nothing and that was pretty much where the 750v launched almost.

I'm also not certain it if is worth installing since I suspect I would have to hard reset my device for this. Was a 1.13, 14 or 15 released and does anyone know what bug fixes they had? There doesn't seem to be a release history.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Since the patch was run.....can it be deleted from add remove programs now?? I would suppose so right??
    I was about to hard reset my treo because every once in a while, my up and down buttons reprogrammed themselves from volume to battery indicator. After installing the patch, my up and down buttons were working as volume again.
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
    Is there any way to hack this so that it loads on 1.16-xxx firmware? I don't care what think, the fix is not in the 1.16 firmware because I lose my ringer daily.

Is there a way to edit .cab files? I see an XML setup file with a version checker line in the file - it would interesting to try and edit that and run the cab to see if I can get it to load.
    Finally.. AT&T didn't waste any time getting this to us...
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast