Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Finally.. AT&T didn't waste any time getting this to us...
    I know, and what, only a few weeks to a month before they're going to release the WM6 update, which I assume will include the fix anyway?
    I wonder why they bothered.
    Wow, I can't belive how many sounds the Treo 750 is suppose to make. Now I know what all the complaints were about.
    I dont think it worked on my phone...........maybe cause after I ran it I deleted it from the remove programs list?
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabella View Post
    I dont think it worked on my phone...........maybe cause after I ran it I deleted it from the remove programs list?
    Yeah, bad idea...
    Anybody have any feedback yet on the 750v 1.16 upgrade??? Does this fix the sound issue on Vodaphone versions?
    Quote Originally Posted by teride View Post
    Anybody have any feedback yet on the 750v 1.16 upgrade??? Does this fix the sound issue on Vodaphone versions?

I have upgraded to 1.16 two days agos. I don't know if it solved the sound issue, but the phone works better and faster than 1.13 was.
    can u upgrade to 1.16 if u have an at&t treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    I have upgraded to 1.16 two days agos. I don't know if it solved the sound issue, but the phone works better and faster than 1.13 was.
    Supposedly 1.16 was so minor that it's a non-issue. IMHO, your device works quicker because you have a fresh install.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I saw no difference changing from 1.13 to 1.16. I wish I could go back to 1.13 so that I could load the audio patch!
    the 750v update doesn't include the sound fix from what I read on the support site (makes no mention of it)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    But can u install it on a treo 750, maybe the 1.16 already includes the sound fix
    1.16 does NOT include the audio fix. Or it certainly doesn't work if they are claiming that 1.16 does include it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Supposedly 1.16 was so minor that it's a non-issue. IMHO, your device works quicker because you have a fresh install.
    Is there a way to back rev to 1.13?
    Where can one get this 1.16 update? I have an unlocked 750v.

I did not see it on the Palm UK site or Vodafone UK

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    I would guess that it was fixed in the 1.16 update, and don't see why you couldn't just install this update. I would certainly make a backup first, then install. Can't see how it would harm anything on the phone
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    JGold, I know the theory. but in fact, my Treo was recently hardresetted before the update, and it was slower. Right now I have more resident apps runing than before the update, and my Treo continues working better.

Maybe there was other updates included in previous ROM versions (i.e. 1.14, or 1.15), that this patch includes. Remember the update page usually only mentions changes from the previous ROM version.
    Newness Developments apps:

Im not sure but I ran the updated on my treo itself since I dont have a mini sd card and I see no difference....some of my sounds still do not go off.

I get a text message and I get no sound even though a sound is set for messaging. Quit annoying

The volume is also really low.........how would anyone expect to wake up to an alarm that you can hardly hear?
    I have the AT&T 750 and applied the patch. I'd been having the sound problem intermittently for the past 6 months (very frustrating to the point I almost got rid of the Treo). The patch did seem to address the ringing problem for me - but I also had problems with the built-in alarm before (wouldn't ring). Yesterday the alarm worked, this morning it didn't ring - and my Treo was 'hung' when I woke up. Wanted to see if anyone else experienced this - Just something else for folks to test out as we all try to address this issue. Thanks to everyone on the posts for such wonderful information!! - Albrecht
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12