Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. cjacks519's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
       #1  
    I just went into Palm's site and saw this was just posted today! We've waited long enough for this one folks! Many 750 users have had issues with the sound becoming intermittent or not working at all. I've already loaded it up on my 750. Hopefully this is a real fix to a really annoying issue!

    Here's the link:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...rt_update.html

    Enjoy!
  2. #2  
    Good find. I've been lucky, that issue has never happened to me...

    They've added it to the blog too:
    http://blog.palm.com/palm/2007/07/att-treo-750-sm.html
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cjacks519 View Post
    I just went into Palm's site and saw this was just posted today! We've waited long enough for this one folks! Many 750 users have had issues with the sound becoming intermittent or not working at all. I've already loaded it up on my 750. Hopefully this is a real fix to a really annoying issue!

    Here's the link:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...rt_update.html

    Enjoy!
    Excellent! Thanks for posting!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  4. cjacks519's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
       #4  
    It just started for me about a month ago. I did a little research on it and saw that a lot of people have been plagued with this issue. I've had my 750 for about 3 months and was actually surprised that I hadn't had some of the issues people always talk about...guess I spoke too soon!
  5. bg1260's Avatar
    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #5  
    unbelievable! I know I may be a little behind the times, but you need a miniSD card to perform an update to the phone you already purchased! So now I need to go and purchase something additional to fix my $500 phone!
    I'm PO'd enough to call Palm and ***** about it. It wont get me anywhere but what the hell
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bg1260 View Post
    unbelievable! I know I may be a little behind the times, but you need a miniSD card to perform an update to the phone you already purchased! So now I need to go and purchase something additional to fix my $500 phone!
    I'm PO'd enough to call Palm and ***** about it. It wont get me anywhere but what the hell
    You don't need a minisd card....just send the file over with bluetooth and open it up. Works fine.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    You don't need a minisd card....just send the file over with bluetooth and open it up. Works fine.

    Merylyn,

    Glad to see you back on board. Haven't seen a comment from you in a while.


    Did you check out the 8830 yet? It comes with ad2p.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Merylyn,

    Glad to see you back on board. Haven't seen a comment from you in a while.


    Did you check out the 8830 yet? It comes with ad2p.
    Nah....I'm giving the 750 a shot, and so far I'm pretty impressed that this thing's a Palm. I switched to ATT a couple months ago in anticipation of the iPhone, but decided to stick it out with a 750 until the second gen iPhone (with 3G hopefully). Being that I'm traveling internationally a lot more, I'm liking that the tri-band UMTS and quad-band GSM 750 works everywhere I go. Haven't tried a BB yet, but I quite like UMTS......very fast with the HSDPA hack and I can use it while in a call, which is something I could never do with EVDO. If I used it, the 750 supports ad2p as well. Like I said, I'm impressed that this phone came from the same company responsible for the 700p.

    It's also the only windows mobile phone I feel okay using b/c of all the palm customizations.

    I'm even impressed with the strength of the bluetooth, I hear no static on this phone through a wall where I did hear static when using the iPhone.
  9. #9  
    you can also download and install OTA. Check the blog post
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  10. #10  
    Just click the link in the first post here, after agreeing to the service agreement, etc. you can dl the cab file. That's what I did and had no issues.
  11. #11  
    After I installed the update it still shows TREO750-1.13-CNG as it did before. Should it not show the new update?
  12. #12  
    no, it's a patch like the DST patch, not a firmware update
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  13. #13  
    Then how can you tell if the patch has been successfully applied? You can see the patch in the Remove Programs window. Also, if you try to install the patch again, it will tell you that it must remove the installed patch before it can install the patch again.
    Last edited by mototodo; 07/27/2007 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Answered my own question.
  14. #14  
    If installed properly, you will see it on the Remove Programs list in your system settings.

Posting Permissions