1.    #1  
    I am getting this message after I try to connect to the internet using the broadband access. I have the EV status and whether I have 1 bar or 4 bars of service it happens.

I only got the phone Saturday and it worked until yesterday. I called Verizon and the guy wants me to do a hard reset but I just loaded all my contacts and such and don't have outlook so if I hard reset they are gone.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    connect to a computer with Outlook.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Try a soft reset too.
  4.    #4  
    We tried the soft reset and it didn't work.
    I've been having the same problem so don't think a hard reset will help you. I think it is VZW.
  6.    #6  
    ok, well let me know if you get anywhere!
    Remember also that you can load Sprite (free for Treo) on your unit and do a backup, so if you do a hard reset, you can just restore from your sd using sprite.
    I think you may have the same issue a lot of us WX/VZW people have. It is a common issue in these forums the WX cannot connect to the modem for a few attempts. This update was supposed to help this issue, I haven't tested it enough to tell if it is working or not, the first day went great, but this morning I got the dreaded 'no modem found' message again!!
    yep, Verizon user here, get the message too. Sometimes, turning the phone off (airplane mode) then turning it back on works, but sometimes a soft reset is required. That's what I've seen anyway
  10.    #10  
    I did the update and it made it worse, for some reason it went from the modem disconnect message to an issue with password not being in, and if I put it in it would erase it and ask again. I installed the sprite backup and did a hard reset and it was fine. I think restored my data and it happened again....ughhh!
    Quote Originally Posted by saucon700 View Post
    I did the update and it made it worse, for some reason it went from the modem disconnect message to an issue with password not being in, and if I put it in it would erase it and ask again. I installed the sprite backup and did a hard reset and it was fine. I think restored my data and it happened again....ughhh!
    I think the Palm VZW update website has a FAQ question on this password thingy... have you checked? Seems like I saw something like that anyway....

-Frank
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    The only time I have gotten this error is when they first activated my phone. I couldn't connect for about 2 or 3 hours and then everything worked fine. This has happened everytime I have had to switch out my phone.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    I think the Palm VZW update website has a FAQ question on this password thingy... have you checked? Seems like I saw something like that anyway....

-Frank
    Is that on verizonwireless.com or palm.com?
    Quote Originally Posted by saucon700 View Post
    Is that on verizonwireless.com or palm.com?
    Well, here is what I remembered. Not sure if it applies to you or not...

KB artical 42480.

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...m_External2001

-Frank
    Last edited by Frankxs; 07/20/2007 at 05:58 PM.
    I am having EVDO connect issues ever since doing the upgrade.
    Plenty of signal, did the soft/firm/hard resets, blah, blah, blah.
    Definitely related to the upgrade as I had no problems leading up to that and it happened immediately after upgrading.

I called Verizon, they blamed Palm, and then patched in a guy from Palm who was pretty good as far as call center people go, but clueless when he starting talking bits and bytes. He pretty much told me to hard reset continuously, as therefore I would never see the problem again Oh, and "you might think about getting a wx. You know, with the extra memory......it is more stable....." .

This is such a big problem for me. I have noticed that it particularly happens when the connection is stale, meaning I connected yesterday but haven't used that connection for a day or so.

When that happens, the EVDO icon is grey and the error is "Cannot connect to your mail server."

Other times, I get the "No modem at that number" error.

Anyone?????
    Reverged, did you get anywhere on this issue?

I'd be happy with a hack/patch/anything that simply kept the connection at the "active" state instead of going passive and becoming stale. It seems as though once it goes to a "passively connected" state it has a difficult time coming back to an active connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise1130 View Post
    Reverged, did you get anywhere on this issue?

I'd be happy with a hack/patch/anything that simply kept the connection at the "active" state instead of going passive and becoming stale. It seems as though once it goes to a "passively connected" state it has a difficult time coming back to an active connection.
    I called and complained a 3rd time and got a data support guy who told me to redo the upgrade. Nice. Except the upgrade software doesn't let you redo an upgrade.

A replacement phone came yesterday (refurb), but that phone was DOA. Nice testing Verizon. Gives me lots of confidence.

Another replacement is coming tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. I have no faith the replacement will work right.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I'm having this same issue intermittently. I did a hard reset and that did not make it go away. It only started after I downloaded and installed the latest firmware update.
    There's also a thread on this over at the palm site.

My 2nd replacement phone is also crap. It won't take the update! Keeps failing. At this point, I'm going to send both replacements back and wait this one out.

According to the reps I spoke with, this is a widespread problem.