Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    So after contacting VZW and getting 2 700w replacements, they finally gave me a 700wx replacement!

I been out of the loop for a while so got a few questions that I know peopel here can answer:
    • Are there any features I should be able to do with teh 700wx compared to my old 700w?
    • Voice Command via Blue tooth?
    • BT Stereo Headphones?
    • Max Storage memory? (is it capable of SDHC?)
    • Other features limited before but I can now use with the 700wx?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilim View Post
    So after contacting VZW and getting 2 700w replacements, they finally gave me a 700wx replacement!

I been out of the loop for a while so got a few questions that I know peopel here can answer:
    • Are there any features I should be able to do with teh 700wx compared to my old 700w?
    • Voice Command via Blue tooth?
    • BT Stereo Headphones?
    • Max Storage memory? (is it capable of SDHC?)
    • Other features limited before but I can now use with the 700wx?
    [*]Are there any features I should be able to do with teh 700wx compared to my old 700w?
    Same except more memory - more stable and faster running multiple applications because of the extra memory
    [*]Voice Command via Blue tooth?
    Sadly, no[*]BT Stereo Headphones?
    Yes, but now the W can too with the latest firmware update
    [*]Max Storage memory? (is it capable of SDHC?)
    4GB standard SD card. No SDHC cards work.
    [*]Other features limited before but I can now use with the 700wx?
    Enjoy the extra speed and stability the extra memory gives you.
    Welcome back to the loop
    Hi there
    I am rather new to Treo 700wx but for the past few months have done much research all over the internet in order to make it do what I want.

Search for this thread in treocentral discusson area:
    A2DP Now Working on Sprint 700wx!!!

A really smart guy has posted in the first thread a one step cab file that you can download which gives you BT stereo on 700wx. Make sure you review the "read me" file included and follow his instructions to the letter.

Works with all BT stereo headphones. However, the only A2DP compatible single ear headset is the Jabra BT8010...but is kind of cool, because you can use the right ear alone, or you can attach the additional left headset with a small cable to make it stereo. Least expensive is www.jr.com

The 700wx is fabulous. A mac user for over 25 years, I only recently bought a PC for home, about the same time as the Treo and I am having a lot of fun. Got my 700wx to do just about everything I wanted...albums to SD cards, commercial DVD movies to SD cards, slingbox [extremely cool! would greatly recommend...check out www.slingmedia.com] Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.
    Cindy
    I believe that the A2DP comes standard on the Verizon Treo. I think the cab for the Sprint one was pulled from a Verizon one.
    Just got a Sprint Treo 700WX as a replacement of my old Treo 650. No manual or CD. A lot to learn. But in the mean time I would appreciate any suggestion on easy steps to move my old fields to my 700wx.

Thank you in advance.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    So ... does this mean that if I ..."suddenly" have problems with my 700w, I can call VZW and get it swapped for a 700wx these days?
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    You have to get at least 2 replacement 700w's to qualify for the "3 strikes" clause. Beware, if you have less than a year left on your contract they will negate your NE2 if you request a 700wx (it counts as your new phone). That's why I didn't do it. There are (supposedly) a bunch of new smartphones coming out in the next 3-6 months and I wasn't about to give up my discount for a 700wx device that is already 18 months old.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)