Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 83
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    That sounds like something is wrong....Your green talk button should place the call just like normal on the dialer screen. Now, when searching from the home screen, the green talk button does not work, you have to use the middle OK button of the 5 way.
    Thanks, this definitely needs to be addressed.

    Another problem I noticed is that on an incoming call, I have to disable keyguard before I can answer the phone.
  2. #42  
    Has anybody noticed that the dialer screen doesn't go away by itself after a call? Or is that just for me? I have to press the okay button to make it go back to the Today screen, or I have to tap the top corner of the screen where the X is.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranman View Post
    Thanks, this definitely needs to be addressed.

    Another problem I noticed is that on an incoming call, I have to disable keyguard before I can answer the phone.
    I have to do the same with the keyguard, I'm pretty sure it was designed by Palm and it runs as a service called \windows\KeyGuardUI.dll so you can A) disable the keyguard or B) put up with it like me

    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    Has anybody noticed that the dialer screen doesn't go away by itself after a call? Or is that just for me? I have to press the okay button to make it go back to the Today screen, or I have to tap the top corner of the screen where the X is.
    It doesn't for me either. This Treo is my first Windows Mobile device so I'm not sure if that's normal behavior or something is wrong. My guess would be it's normal or maybe there's a reg key to fix it, I'm not sure.

    One thing I do know for sure is I'm in love my Treo now!! The speed of it is awesome and it used to lock up once a day and by that I mean no calls would come in and it wouldn't turn back on until a soft reset. I missed countless calls because of this but I haven't had one lockup after disabling the Palm software! I hope everyone who does this is as happy as I am.

    I tried Tranman suggestion about phoneAlarm to set the ringers and while it did work I really don't need all the profile stuff. I then tried Ringo Mobile and it wouldn't even start on the phone so I'm just going to stick to the registry hack for setting ringtones. If anyone finds a better solution I'd love to hear it.
  4. #44  
    Tranman, I too have noticed the keyguard issue as well. Slightly annoying. Im gonna try my treo without the guard for a while and see if I REALLY need it...

    Freak4Dell, I have to hit to OK button too. I wish it would time out and go away. But I can get used to hitting OK. It would be nice to not have to...

    But overall I think the changes and improvements are great. I wonder why Palm decided to change this so radically. I really like it and its ability to be skinned.
  5. #45  
    Did anyone lose thier phones ability to notify them of new voicemails?

    I got my replacement Treo yesterday and did this hack, and well, no new voicemails are popping up.

    Im thinking of doing a nice hard reset....
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    Did anyone lose thier phones ability to notify them of new voicemails?

    I got my replacement Treo yesterday and did this hack, and well, no new voicemails are popping up.

    Im thinking of doing a nice hard reset....
    Yes, you would be correct, just checked my voicemails and experimented with new voicemails...now that's a dealbreaker. I can live with all the rest of the minor annoyances, but not getting voicemail notifications is bad. I didn't have to do a hard reset. I restored the values in the registry and activated the "Active Call" and "Dialer Lookup" plugin...soft reset and back where I was...but I can see merit in the way Palm handled phone dialing. I can see advantages over the normal WM5 dialer now.
    Last edited by Tranman; 07/21/2007 at 08:11 AM.
  7. #47  
    ok...
    I changed everything back and now my VM's are working again...

    You think anyone could actually pull out the activecall.dll and rip it apart and fix some things in it? like the bigger caller id pictures and other stuff?
  8. ScottB1's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    Did anyone lose thier phones ability to notify them of new voicemails?

    I got my replacement Treo yesterday and did this hack, and well, no new voicemails are popping up.

    Im thinking of doing a nice hard reset....
    I had that EXACT issue with this hack. I missed 3 VM's and instantly backed the change out and now it is working again. Very odd!
  9. #49  
    Well, ok...
    Here is what I have figured out...
    The VM issue deals with the 2 reg changes...
    I can disable activecall.dll and not change the reg entries, and my VMs come through as they are supposed to.

    Also, they reg edits also deal with the smaller callerid picture....when you change the reg entries to what was listed in post 1, we finally get the bigger callerid pictures!

    I am trying to figure out what the CHARMAP characters meant...
    I thought that is how the numbers and letters equaled out, but honestly, it does more than that.

    Anyone feel like trying combinations with me? I am sure there are a ton.......

    We can figure this out....Someone needs to grab hannip or sling or someone else, and maybe we can figure this out.
  10. #50  
    I use Photo Contacts Pro because of the customized SMS tones for each caller, and the full screen caller ID photos. I always thought the Palm customizations were monkeying up the works, so I followed this thread for a few days then took the plunge.

    Results:
    -Dialer works.
    -Ringtones don't.
    -SMS tones don't.
    -Phone doesn't even VIBRATE when there's a call. Does light up and display an incoming call though.
    -Photo Contacts moves faster than the OS.
    WinMo Veteran: Typhoon, Wallaby, Wizard, Hurricane, Tornado, Apache, Treo 700wx...

    Reg edits are like haircuts... Best done by someone who knows what they're doing!
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by M1A1D View Post
    I use Photo Contacts Pro because of the customized SMS tones for each caller, and the full screen caller ID photos. I always thought the Palm customizations were monkeying up the works, so I followed this thread for a few days then took the plunge.

    Results:
    -Dialer works.
    -Ringtones don't.
    -SMS tones don't.
    -Phone doesn't even VIBRATE when there's a call. Does light up and display an incoming call though.
    -Photo Contacts moves faster than the OS.
    See post #28 about the ringer and vibrate not working, you have to keep changing a reg key every time you change a sound or use a program like phoneAlarm to change your ringers and SMS. Only with the system wide ringer do you have to change the registry, not when you change a contact's custom ringer.

    Just another note, the Slide2Unlock program has been updated to 1.18 and now incudes a custom iPhone like caller id, not sure if it works with a stock Treo but it works great with this mod.

  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbarron View Post
    See post #28 about the ringer and vibrate not working, you have to keep changing a reg key every time you change a sound or use a program like phoneAlarm to change your ringers and SMS. Only with the system wide ringer do you have to change the registry, not when you change a contact's custom ringer.

    Just another note, the Slide2Unlock program has been updated to 1.18 and now incudes a custom iPhone like caller id, not sure if it works with a stock Treo but it works great with this mod.

    It works with the Treo, no issues.

    The only thing is that program requires me to either multi-press or hold down the Power button to get my screen to turn on, which is kind of a bummer. I was petitioning the developer to make it a standalone app (caller ID), since it seems inherently tied to the Slide 2 Unlock app.

    There is a delay using this technique (just like CityId and I imagine PCP) as it has to suppress you're regular incoming screen before launching it's own.

    You also loose the Palm softkey options (ignore, ignore with text, etc.)

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  13. #53  
    Has anyone found a fix for the voicemail issue yet? I really like the "new" dialer, but need to know when I have a voicemail.

    Thanks,
    Chris
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It works with the Treo, no issues.

    The only thing is that program requires me to either multi-press or hold down the Power button to get my screen to turn on, which is kind of a bummer. I was petitioning the developer to make it a standalone app (caller ID), since it seems inherently tied to the Slide 2 Unlock app.

    There is a delay using this technique (just like CityId and I imagine PCP) as it has to suppress you're regular incoming screen before launching it's own.

    You also loose the Palm softkey options (ignore, ignore with text, etc.)
    The latest patch for this fixed the power suspend delay issue for me right away....works PERFECT now on my treo...love it.

    Now, should I try the dialer skin trick?? Have any of the above issues been worked out?? Is it still working ok with slide2unlock????
  15. #55  
    I've put together an app that does this hack for you automatically except for the reset. I didn't test it out because I didn't want to deal with the no voice mail problem. If ya'll figure out the VM problem please post.

    Also, more hacks can be added to this as menu click items. The code is included. Use and update at your own risk.

    The only bad part is that it uses .NET 2.0 which is because I have VS 2005. If someone wants to compile it against 1.1 that would be great so that other don't have to install .net 2.0 to use it.

    The main screen is a list of items that can be enabled/disabled for today screen. Double click to enable/disable.

    There is a menu on the bottom left. The only item is this hack as of currently. More can be added or you can PM me and I can add them as time permits. Just tell me what needs to be changed on the system for the hack.

    In order to run the file you need to navigate to todaycab in program files in explorer.

    heimlich
    Attached Files Attached Files
  16. #56  
    Has anyone figured out to restore the right soft key to the original "MENU" function after installing this dialer (great tweak Barron!)
  17. #57  
    One annoyance is that when you place a call by pressing the 5-way "ok" key, the dial pad does not pop up with the call status. All you see is the today screen and you have to physically press the left soft key for "call status" to see the time of call and/or speakerphone.

    Besides that, we need a voicemail fix.
  18. #58  
    well...
    i am trying to figure something out...
    the voicemail has nothing to do with the activecall.dll plugin being enabled.

    The voicemail notification has to do with the string of characters that we edit in the SKIN section of the registry.

    We need to get the values from a mogul or some other WM5 device to see if they work.....


    If you disable the activecal plugin, and leave the values alone, the keys dont map correctly. It has to do with the string of characters....we can figure this out!
  19. #59  
    If anyone knows how to intercept the voicemail notification and activate the voicemail icon I can write a today plugin to do just that. I've looked around and have only been able to find details for GSM phones, not CDMA. I prefer to do this in C#.

    heimlich
  20. #60  
    When I press the green hardware dial it show my recent calls list, however when I click the green hardware dial in any other screen I get the dail pad is that normal?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions