1.    #1  
    As stated in the subject, I took my 750 apart for cleaning the keyboard, etc. of makeup and, um, my sun conure pooped on it a few weeks ago and a little bit of poo made it down into the crooks of a couple keys.
    Anyhow, I put it back together the first time, put in the battery and everything booted up as normal, except I didn't reattach the ribbon for the keyboard & touchscreen. Took battery out, slid the little ribbon into its slot, put batter back in again and now bootup doesn't happen, it just asks if I want to erase all data, and to press up for yes and down for no. I keep hitting down of course and the screen just keeps popping up over and over and over....

wth did I do? Anyone experience this issue and/or know a fix? I can work on my car and always have it run, but apparently my phone kicked my *** tonight.
    -Molly
    Unlocked Cingular Treo 750 on T-Mobile & a Mitac Mio 168 w/ GPS that no longer likes to hold a charge :-/
  2.    #2  
    n/m - figured it out. screwed the keyboard back in too tight, it was apparently pinching the End/Power button and I guess the reset button somehow too.
    back to working order now.
    -Molly
    Unlocked Cingular Treo 750 on T-Mobile & a Mitac Mio 168 w/ GPS that no longer likes to hold a charge :-/
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Suggestion: BACKUP BEFORE DISASSEMBLY :-)
    AvantQuattro, I am considering doing the same due to keyboard issues. Do you have any instructions I can follow when I open it up?

Thanks!
    X
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Below is a link that shows you how to take apart a 680. This was the same video that I used to crack open my Treo 750. It really is quite simple. The only difficult step is the separating of the halves. In the video, they use a plastic tool but I used a credit card which worked as well. It will feel like you are bending the crap out of the case but you just need to jimmy the card in between and run it along the sides. Just note the whole issue with actually breaking the warranty sticker on the top right screw.