Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I used Task Manager v2.7 to temporarily disable my bta2dp driver (it was causing problems with my Jabra BT8010). Now that I've updated my wx to 1.22, I want to re-enable it to see if it will work correctly. When I try to re-enable it I get a message that says "Device Load Error: The operation completed successfully"; however, it doesn't start (status remains at "Unloaded"). Any ideas? It has nothing to do with the update because I tried to re-enable it before I updated and I got the same error message. I'd really like to get this going and I'm kind of lost right now. A hard reset might do it but I wouldn't do a hard reset without immediately doing a Sprite restore and that would defeat the purpose.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Have you tryed just a soft reset to see if that will load it?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Have you tryed just a soft reset to see if that will load it?
    Yup. What's really weird is that it's set to "Automatic" which would make you believe that it would automatically load upon rebooting the device - that is not the case. I actually prefer it this way though because I didn't want to have to manually disable it every time I rebooted my Treo; however, I'd like to be able to re-enable it again now.

I even tried setting the Startup Type to Manual and trying re-enable it and that doesn't work either. I also tried it setting it to Manual and rebooting and when I reboot the Startup Type reverts back to Automatic. Either way, I can't get the damn thing to start. There's also another dll in there that's doing the same thing, though I have no idea what it is or what it does (it's ccoredrv.dll). Every other driver in the list has a status of Loaded and a startup type of Automatic.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Bump. Anyone? Does anyone know of another free task manager (or at least one with a free trial) that offers as much functionality as Task Manager v2.7? Basically, I need one that lets me stop and start drivers, not just programs and processes.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    You might have to try a hard reset.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    A hard reset isn't going to help me because I would have to do a Sprite restore afterwards (there's no way in hell I'm reinstalling everything from scratch).
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Can someone please export their registry settings from HKey_Local_Machine\Drivers\BuiltIn\BtA2dpSnd and either post the resulting reg file as an attachment here or email me the attachment at psywzrd at hotmail dot com?
    Last edited by psywzrd; 07/24/2007 at 04:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I'm bumping this again. One of you fellow VZW 700wx owners must have a registry editor! Please help me out
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    I'm bumping this again. One of you fellow VZW 700wx owners must have a registry editor! Please help me out
    Here you go pzywrd.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Here you go pzywrd.
    Thanks a lot for posting that! It looks like that driver is loaded now! I'm going to delete my BT8010 from my Treo's trusted devices, reset the headset and try to re-pair it. I'll be really happy if it works.

I still don't know what ccoredrv.dll is though. That driver appears to be the only one that's not loaded. I wonder if it needs to be running.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well let us know how it goes.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Looks like this update did nothing to make the Treo compatible with my BT8010 . The Treo is still telling the headset to go into Wireless Stereo mode even though there is no music playing. Oh well, it was worth a shot. Guess I'll have to wait for a firmware update from Jabra to see if they can somehow clean up Palm's mess (doubt it though).