Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a copy of Windows Mobile 6 and I wonder if I can just upgrade my Windows Mobile 5 to Mobile 6 on a 750? Has anybody done this yet?
    No
    Does it have all the Palm hacks for the 5 way thumbpad?
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Upgrading a phone with an OS is not the same as updating your home PC. The OS has to be custom designed to work with the hardware of that particular phone.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  5.    #5  
    Ok, I understand.

Thxs
    WM6 for which device?

Surur
  7.    #7  
    Treo 750
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pederb View Post
    Treo 750
    if you get the WM6 for TREO 750.. I think you can upgrade your 750 with it.
    Treo 750
    Can you post it?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of a way to determine if it is for the Treo 750 without actually attempting to flash your device?
    Quote Originally Posted by JBC247 View Post
    Does anyone know of a way to determine if it is for the Treo 750 without actually attempting to flash your device?
    You would know if it was. What is the exact name of the file, and where did you find it? That should tell you what its for....
    No one in a position to know ever put a date on the WM6 update. There was lots of hope and speculation in this and other forums. Neither ATT nor Palm ever committed to a specific time for the WM6 upgrade. It will be August. It was always planned to be August. The discussion groups get everyone worked up and excited in anticipation. We've seen how long it takes to get ROM updates for the 650 and 680 with the simpler Palm OS. Take a deep breath and be patient. But just so you know, WM6 is not a revolutionary OS upgrade.
    I have a copy of Windows Mobile 6 and I wonder if I can just upgrade my Windows Mobile 5 to Mobile 6 on a 750? Has anybody done this yet?
    So can you post the cpy that you have?
    Anyone who tries to use an unverified copy of WM6 on their 750 is just asking for a brick. First, it is unlikely to install. Second, if you find a hack around the installation verification, your phone won't work. Third, if you accomplish #2, there is no way to go back to WM5. Do us all a favor... don't post anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    Anyone who tries to use an unverified copy of WM6 on their 750 is just asking for a brick. First, it is unlikely to install. Second, if you find a hack around the installation verification, your phone won't work. Third, if you accomplish #2, there is no way to go back to WM5. Do us all a favor... don't post anything.
    You certainly talk like a Palm employee... Its high time this ROM gets leaked (although I assume the original poster is confused by all the other WM6 ROM's out for all the other HTC devices).

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    Well it will be upto the user to decide if they want to install it or not, if you dont want too, then just dont do it. End of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdelauz02 View Post
    Well it will be upto the user to decide if they want to install it or not, if you dont want too, then just dont do it. End of story.
    I believe in free choice too. But we don't hand loaded guns to children or allow unqualified people to drive a car. Look back to the 680 or 650 forum to see how many people bricked their Treos by installing hacked ROMs. Thank goodness for Shadowmite and Jamesgangut et al, who came up with a bootloader solution to unbrick them. It's more than an inconvenience to read about user error and misfortune. It costs ATT and Palm valuable resources that could be used to get product/updates/solutions out faster and better. Every time a user-bricked phone is sent back, it costs time, money and resources. If everyone will just keep their shirts on for a month, the update will be out. And I repeat, it's not that big an improvement.
    And, btw, I'm not a Palm employee.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I don't care if its a major improvement, I like WM5. I just want the bug fixes for the sound cutting out and the SD card dropping all the time.

Can you reveal at least that Insidr? Since you seem the most knowledgeable of the NonHacked Rom here.
    I can't speak to the sound cutting out. I've never experienced it and don't know if the "radio" section of the update will address it. Generally the new radio firmware is an improvement in volume, quality and consistency over a previous version. But I don't really know.
    The SD card issue is supposedly fixed. It's a function of how the OS boots and recognizes external memory devices. Some cards are slow to acknowledge calls and therefore get forgotten (lost contact) by the OS. This is as much a function of the card as the OS, but to the extent the OS can, it will solve this problem. If you've got a really old or slow card, who knows?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    does it have the onscreen speakerphone, mute etc icons like 650?besides i want the whole os to be more faster...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast