Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I have a 700w 1.10 - What happens if you run the ROM update and then try to restore your phone (via Sprite Backup) to an earlier backup when the older ROM was in place? The Sprite forum has nothing on this...
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
    I have a 700w 1.10 - What happens if you run the ROM update and then try to restore your phone (via Sprite Backup) to an earlier backup when the older ROM was in place?
    Well, you would be a test pilot....

    From Palm's website regarding the 1.22 update...

    "Sprite Backup users: Do not perform a full restore from backups you made before updating your smartphone. If you use the Advanced restore features, do not restore the registry from pre-update backups."

    -Frank
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    Well, you would be a test pilot....

    From Palm's website regarding the 1.22 update...

    "Sprite Backup users: Do not perform a full restore from backups you made before updating your smartphone. If you use the Advanced restore features, do not restore the registry from pre-update backups."

    -Frank
    Didn't see that, great catch! Thanks...
  4. ScottB1's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #4  
    I did a DB restore and that was it. I wouldn't do anything beyond that.
  5. PSB22's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #5  
    Why use sprite?
    I seriously cannot understand why anyone would use sprite. If you have all your apps on your SD card, the only thing necessary is to backup the pim.vol file from the root to your SD card and that's all. Why go to the trouble of executing a complicated problem (whcih always screws things up in my experience) to do a simple task that takes 10s. manually?
  6. #6  
    I don't like installing all apps to my sd card and I never a problem with Sprite. This is one reason.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    Why use sprite?
    I seriously cannot understand why anyone would use sprite. If you have all your apps on your SD card, the only thing necessary is to backup the pim.vol file from the root to your SD card and that's all. Why go to the trouble of executing a complicated problem (whcih always screws things up in my experience) to do a simple task that takes 10s. manually?
    Because sprite restores everything (settings, prefs, registry hacks, etc) and a lot of applications can't be installed on the SD card. Sprite also encrypts the backup so if you lose your card all your info isn't there for anyone to easilly copy.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    Because sprite restores everything (settings, prefs, registry hacks, etc) and a lot of applications can't be installed on the SD card. Sprite also encrypts the backup so if you lose your card all your info isn't there for anyone to easily copy.
    Yes - the Reg hacks would be a huge pain to have to redo as I am sure I have at least 15 in place. As would the file system changes I've made to get apps to function properly. I was very hesitant to actually purchase this software - but since I love to test out new software and constantly hack my Treo, having the ability to put it back exactly the way it was before I made a change is pretty priceless. Knowing that I can revert back, definitely has allowed me to take more chances with the device...

Posting Permissions