Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    no noticeable difference for me.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    no noticeable difference for me.
    Where the heck have you been. Anyways good to see you around.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Where the heck have you been. Anyways good to see you around.
    LOL! Thanks D. I'm here, just not posting since everything has been working perfectly for me. I must admit, I'm more than likely going to buy the Sammy i760 when it is finally released and sell the WX.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    You trader. Everything starts to work and then you dump it. You are truly an addict for new toys.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    You trader. Everything starts to work and then you dump it. You are truly an addict for new toys.
    Dude, you don't know the 1/2 of it, but you're correct! I'll see how the i760 is before I go out and buy it of course. The WX is a bit too bulky for me.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    lol. I'll wait to see the next Treo before I go anywhere. If rumors are true then it might be worth it. But the financee says that it's her turn to get a new phone. Since I got the wx. So I have to figure out a way to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rskinner View Post
    I have the same issue. I'll try it 4-5 times in a row until it connects.
    Interesting...I never had this happen on my 700w until the update.
    Before the update, I never left the network setting on "home", butalways changed it to "Automatic B".
    After the update, the Automatic B setting is gone...just "home" and "automatic."
    Wonder if the network setting has anything to do with it???
    Ive had my Treo for 10 months or so now and I have NEVER had a problem connecting to #777. Maybe its a geographical issue too,,, servers getting overwhelmed in some locations?

Im in Oregon on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavesmarine View Post
    Ive had my Treo for 10 months or so now and I have NEVER had a problem connecting to #777. Maybe its a geographical issue too,,, servers getting overwhelmed in some locations?

Im in Oregon on Sprint.
    Actually, I've occasionally thought the same thing. Could be... Although, I do think this issue is more of a Verizon thing. Seems like mostley VZW people complaining. I haven't exactly been keeping statistics.

However, having said that... my LG VX8300 almost never has this trouble connecting to the same VZW Internet using mobile web. Only very occasionally will it require more than one attempt. Then, there's this... like I said, if I cycle the radio off/on just before connecting I get 100 percent success the first try.

-Frank
    I updated software again, using the *228, and now the connection issues seems gone. Connections within 5 seconds, and no "no modem" errors in both NYC and NJ.
    I have the same problem and it started immediately after the update.
    Verizon blamed Palm and the Palm rep I talked with was clueless.

The update reflashed the phone fw as the screen read "Updating radio software" or something similar during the update.

Could this be Verizon's way of throttling bandwidth? Random "no connects"?

This is truly a degradation of service and a royal PITA.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    is there anyway someone can pull the bluetooth part out of the update on Verizon so it can be tried on Sprint Treo 700wx's?

~J
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Anyone else?
    Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700w
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12