Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Folks, I recently performed a backup on the the 700W from the phone to the SD card, without any problem. Today, upon attempting to do the same thing, I received an error message about localization, and it wouldn't let me finish setting the options. I then uninstalled it and reinstalled it, only to have the same results. The 1.22 patch is the ONLY thing that I have changed recently on this phone, so I was wondering, does anyone have a list of bugs they have encountered after performing the update? I don't believe that Sprite backup has had an update lately.

The precise error dialog box that I receive is: Localizer. Error (1): LoadString Failed for 65152

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by rfdillon; 07/14/2007 at 08:13 PM.
    If I may...what are you using for backup? Sprite, Spb or ActiveSync to the PC? Haven't tried to backup yet using Sprite or Spb (use both)....

I've otherwise had no problems after the 1.22 update.
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I am attempting to use Sprite Backup, and have entered a service request with them to see if they can duplicate this and/or give me a workaround. I like backing up to the SD card from the phone, as it creates a self extracting compressed file.
    I've got the roaming triangle showing up after the 1.22 update. Reset and still the same. This is obviously wrong since I am in downtown Chicago at the moment and wasn't roaming prior to the update. Suggestions?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Have you done the *228 thing since you updated?
    I have a quick queton about the "*228 thing" - I am on vacation this week - I did the update adn the ohne seems to be working fine and I see the changes the update made. However - I am now on the extended network so when I called *228, I got "Welcome to Alltel" I had the option to activate my pphine but I chose not to do that since it clearly was not Verizon.
    Does nayone know an alternate number to dial to get to Verizon's activation service?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by katiegm View Post
    I have a quick queton about the "*228 thing" - I am on vacation this week - I did the update adn the ohne seems to be working fine and I see the changes the update made. However - I am now on the extended network so when I called *228, I got "Welcome to Alltel" I had the option to activate my pphine but I chose not to do that since it clearly was not Verizon.
    Does nayone know an alternate number to dial to get to Verizon's activation service?

Thanks
    I would call VZW, explain that you upgraded while on vacation and ask them to (re)activate it (or, perform this upgrade step for you somehow if they can, since you cannot). I would think, under the circumstances, they'd do it for free.

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by rfdillon View Post
    I am attempting to use Sprite Backup, and have entered a service request with them to see if they can duplicate this and/or give me a workaround. I like backing up to the SD card from the phone, as it creates a self extracting compressed file.
    My Spb Backup worked without a problem after the update.
    I'll try my Sprite, and let you know.

As for roaming...check time zone...it changes, and network setting.
    After doing the update I can't get Activesync to work on my desktop. It doesn't see the phone. On the bright side, VZW is sending a WX to replace the W.
    also able to backup with Sprite after the upgrade...no problems on the 700w
    After upgrading to 1.22 (which went flawless) when I sync, Activsync says "synchronizing" and stays that way forever (well, at least until I unplug my phone). Any changes get transferred to my phone, so I know it is working, but it never completes. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Have you soft reset your phone. Active Sync did that to me so I reset it and everything worked.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Have you soft reset your phone. Active Sync did that to me so I reset it and everything worked.
    Yes, numerous times. I might reinstall activsync to see it that helps. Thanks.
    ActiveSync 4.2 or higher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    ActiveSync 4.2 or higher?
    Version 4.5.0.

I tried a "repair" of Activsync and the same behavior continues. Weird that it syncs but never thinks it is finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by rskinner View Post
    Version 4.5.0.

I tried a "repair" of Activsync and the same behavior continues. Weird that it syncs but never thinks it is finished.
    I'd recommend opening AS when your phone is not connected and deleting the device (File | Delete Mobile Device). Then reconnect your phone and let the device be recreated.

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    I'd recommend opening AS when your phone is not connected and deleting the device (File | Delete Mobile Device). Then reconnect your phone and let the device be recreated.

-Frank
    That did the trick, thanks!