1.    #1  
    If I got a repeater for my car, would it help the signal strength outside of my car? For example, if the car is parked in the driveway, would it help inside the house at all?

I've been interested in getting one for my house, but for paying that much money I would like something that helps the signal and can easily be moved. Signal strength inside my house, my in-laws house, and my work is fairly poor, and those are the places I'm at the most. I know there's always an external antenna, but I would rather not have something plugged into my phone.

Or are there any other solutions that might work? Maybe some kind of external antenna that doesn't need to be connected with a wire to the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
    If I got a repeater for my car, would it help the signal strength outside of my car? For example, if the car is parked in the driveway, would it help inside the house at all?

I've been interested in getting one for my house, but for paying that much money I would like something that helps the signal and can easily be moved. Signal strength inside my house, my in-laws house, and my work is fairly poor, and those are the places I'm at the most. I know there's always an external antenna, but I would rather not have something plugged into my phone.

Or are there any other solutions that might work? Maybe some kind of external antenna that doesn't need to be connected with a wire to the phone?
    No. No help in the house from a car repeater parked outside.

There are fairly portable devices. The thing to remember about wireless repeaters is that the power determines how far from the internal antenna you can successfully operate. The car units are low power because your phone is only about a foot away from the inside antenna. That's why they are so much cheaper than the more powerful units for homes/offices. With the more powerful units you can be 10-15 or more feet away from the internal antenna.

-Frank
    You might have better luck with a mobile wireless amplifier, like this one:

http://store.treocentral.com/content...-149--2290.htm
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    what about a high gain antenna such as this
    http://3gstore.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=108

that one specifically is for the 6700, but i'm sure there are similar ones for a treo or the antenna plug might even be the same. you would just plug this into the aux antenna plug on the back of the phone and it is supposed to have a higher gain to allow for better signal... relatively inexpensive and very portable.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)