Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Folks, I installed the latest Palm/Verizon patch today on my 700W, but apparently I need something else to make A2DP work. What do I need, and from where can I procure it? Thanks so much, and by the way, the update went pretty seamlessly. I didn't have any problems, and things do seem to be working fine. Thanks!
    What happens when you try and pair a bluetooth stereo headset? Or have you paired and you arent getting stereo?
    1) you must have an A2DP device paired to your treo.
    2) in the bluetooth settings tap and hold your device name until a popup appears. It should list the following options.

Edit
    Delete
    Set as Hands-free
    Set as Wireless Stereo

Select "Set as Wireless Stereo". Then play some music.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    The problem that I was having is that the Plantronics 640's profile didn't include playing music. When I purchased a Motorola stereo head set this morning, it paired up just fine.
    since updating to 1.22, 820 is no longer pairing as a wireless stereo headset, only hands-free... Is this update rendering my HP useless?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Try deleting the pairing and repair your device. Make sure that the device is a stero headset. Regular headset won't allow you to use the A2DP settings.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  7. SHV
    Hi,

So, based on what you are saying, I can't listen to streaming audio through my normal hands free device that I use for making phone calls?

thanks,
    Steve
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    no you can't stream audio with a regular bluetooth device. It has to be a stereo headset.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    That was my conclusion as well, although from my home PC, I can stream audio to my Plantronics 640 (regular bluetooth headset, not stereo). I don't understand why it would not work from the Palm, but the Motorola HT820 is very reasonably priced and works great!