Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had Tom Tom 5 on my Treo 650 and recently upgraded to Tom Tom 6. when I installed the DVD on my Desktop it immediately wanted to upgrade. There were also a few upgrades after I installed my maps on the card.

Well I just got the 750.. I Uninstalled Tom Tom from my desktop (to be sure no PALM OS version would get installed)
    Reinstalled and it found NO updates.. I installed the maps but the registration failed so I installed anyway.. I then put the card in the 750 and it did the install. It also asked to Auto register the maps.. I typed in the code and it went online and it worked...

so again, my big question.. What is the latest verison I should see on my 750?

I see Pocket PC verison 6.010 7720 GPS driver 1.20
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    The latest version for the 750v is 6.030 (8320) but I would advise you to stick with the version you've got. The later version mutes the speaker if it detects a data connection, which for me is 90% of the time. You then have to go into the sound settings twice to turn it back on again
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    The latest version for the 750v is 6.030 (8320) but I would advise you to stick with the version you've got. The later version mutes the speaker if it detects a data connection, which for me is 90% of the time. You then have to go into the sound settings twice to turn it back on again

Hmm weird.. I put the card in the reader and hit update this past Friday using Tom Tom Home.. IT said no updates..I'll still with my current version..

Curiously, it did not want to update the Home software automatically.. I needed to go do it manually..

I think it freaked because I had a Palm OS (treo650) version registered. I just got the 750 and converted over..
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    TomTom Home reports that you have a 750 connected doesn't it?

The only difference I've noticed between the versions is the bug I mentioned before, the old version worked fine and I wish now I'd stuck with that
  5.    #5  
    TomTom Home reports that you have a 750 connected doesn't it?

The only difference I've noticed between the versions is the bug I mentioned before, the old version worked fine and I wish now I'd stuck with that
    Tom Tom does not know I have a 750.. I pull the SD card out and put it in a reader to update with HOME...
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Ah that will be why then, you need to run TomTom Home with your 750 attached via USB or Bluetooth then search for updates.
  7.    #7  
    Ah that will be why then, you need to run TomTom Home with your 750 attached via USB or Bluetooth then search for updates.
    Ok so the 750 does it differently than the 650? I never did that with the 650..

Also is it worth doing at this point? TOm TOm seems to be working fine at the moment.. As stated above... the update hosed him..
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette View Post
    Ok so the 750 does it differently than the 650?
    Yes, TomTom Home has been written to work with ActiveSync, for non Windows Mobile phones you need to use the method you've been using previously.
  9.    #9  
    Yes, TomTom Home has been written to work with ActiveSync, for non Windows Mobile phones you need to use the method you've been using previously.
    Ok, so the big question.. should I bother updating it? the previous poster said the new version is buggy..
  10.    #10  
    Ok I just hooked up the treo to the Active Sync and went to Tom Tom Home to update.. No updates found...

My phone is a Locked AT&T 750.. Can I assume that I am running the latest SUPPORTED version for that phone? Or is something wrong with the updater?

Again I show 6.010
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    i second this i m back to the old ver...it works pretty well
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    i second this i m back to the old ver...it works pretty well
    Actually after digging a bit.. I found out that 6.030 was Only a patch made for WM5 Mobile Phones..

That in fact 6.010 is the cusrrent SUPPORTED version for the Treo 750.

Not sure how you guys got that upgrade because if it's true.. Home should NEVER have tried to upgrade it..
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Actually after digging a bit.. I found out that 6.030 was Only a patch made for WM5 Mobile Phones..

That in fact 6.010 is the cusrrent SUPPORTED version for the Treo 750.

Not sure how you guys got that upgrade because if it's true.. Home should NEVER have tried to upgrade it..
    i found the upgrade on palm's support...here is the link
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/gps_nav.html
    I would third it. It was driving me nuts but I don't know if I can go back to the older version as the latest version is what is on the card that came from Palm.

Now if I could only get UK Jane (the voice) to follow my instruction and actually drive through the congestion charge rather than routing me around the city I am trying to get into.
  15.    #15  
    i found the upgrade on palm's support...here is the link
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/gps_nav.html
    Dude, you rock!! Never thought to look on Palms Site!!

Anyway that fixed my crazy contacts and Zip Code problem.. now I can select a contact directly from the list and also type a ZIP code.. IT got nuts on me when I tried theat with the old version...

thanks again!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by itsamac View Post
    I would third it. It was driving me nuts but I don't know if I can go back to the older version as the latest version is what is on the card that came from Palm.

Now if I could only get UK Jane (the voice) to follow my instruction and actually drive through the congestion charge rather than routing me around the city I am trying to get into.
    Not sure what you all mean by muting the speaker.. Are you saying if the phone checks mail during your route.. It will mute the speaker and you cant hear your directions?

If that is the case, I don't care.. I never listen to her any way.. I go my own way and make her reroute the trip half the time..

Now, does it affect a phone call if you are talking?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Not sure what you all mean by muting the speaker.. Are you saying if the phone checks mail during your route.. It will mute the speaker and you cant hear your directions?

If that is the case, I don't care.. I never listen to her any way.. I go my own way and make her reroute the trip half the time..

Now, does it affect a phone call if you are talking?
    if ur data connection is on...not sure active or inactive but for me it happened with inactive data connection...i started ttn and it says sound is off...i have to go to pref and enable sound again...everytime
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Instead of going into prefs just tap the bottom bar which brings up the volume adjuster, let it disappear and then tap it again, sound should now be re-enabled
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Instead of going into prefs just tap the bottom bar which brings up the volume adjuster, let it disappear and then tap it again, sound should now be re-enabled
    i tried but it doesn't work always...few times i had to enable/disable 2 or 3 times...i didnt see any diff in this ver ...old one works perfectly for me!
  20.    #20  
    i tried but it doesn't work always...few times i had to enable/disable 2 or 3 times...i didnt see any diff in this ver ...old one works perfectly for me!
    So I take it you do not navigate to your contacts list in the TT Application? Cause if you did you'd find the bug I was seeing..

If you tpe letters to find a contact name they show up after 10 seconds .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast