Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    does this only work for youtube for streaming vids.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    If you are having issues, you should download to your PC first, open up the zip file first and verify the contents, then transfer to your Treo.

There shouldn't be any difference between downloading it from here vs. there, but here ya go...
    I don't have access to a PC. I downloaded the zip that you posted and same result. Resco says the zip file has 0 files and 0 folders.

Would you PLEASE post the two invidual files per my previous request, rather than just reposting the zip file that is not working for me.

Thanks!
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by freeflow504 View Post
    does this only work for youtube for streaming vids.
    The search site (www.tinytube.it) only allows for "Youtube" and "Others" as a selection, not sure what Others means.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    I don't have access to a PC. I downloaded the zip that you posted and same result. Resco says the zip file has 0 files and 0 folders.

Would you PLEASE post the two invidual files per my previous request, rather than just reposting the zip file that is not working for me.

Thanks!
    Etreo, sorry but I can't comply with your request, we can only attach zip files (and a few other types). I doubt it would work anyways since whatever method you are using to download doesn't seem to work.

I downloaded to my Treo and opened with Resco explorer just fine. You might try using a different browser to download. Or I can send it to you in email (PM me with your email address).
    Zbop:

I was finally able to get to a PC and download and unzip your zip file and extract the two files and put them on my 750 in the TCPMP folder. Then I put the M3U file you posted on my mini sd card and opened it with TCPMP. The screen started jittering a blurry fixed image that looked like a grid of Christmas lights and I had to close it.

When I went to the Tinytube site no matter what I put into the search line (after selecting the Youtube dropdown), it either just kept returning me to the same search page or gave me the ASX error.

Apparently this will work on Sprint/VZ 700's but not on Cingy 750's.

Oh well
    I've gotten this installed, but after searching for videos, clicking on one of the videos found, I get a "The page cannot be found" message. This happens with every video I try. I can't be that lucky can I?

So what am I missing? Or could someone identify the title of a video that worked and I'll try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    Zbop:

I was finally able to get to a PC and download and unzip your zip file and extract the two files and put them on my 750 in the TCPMP folder. Then I put the M3U file you posted on my mini sd card and opened it with TCPMP. The screen started jittering a blurry fixed image that looked like a grid of Christmas lights and I had to close it.

Apparently this will work on Sprint/VZ 700's but not on Cingy 750's.

Oh well
    Try changing the Video driver to DirectDraw
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  8.    #48  
    A new version of the TCPMP plugin and a new search site have been put up. The first post in this thread has been updated with this info.

The updated plugin to fix the "file not found, URL not found" errors, so far works great!
  9.    #49  
    Might as well give you an update on my project too.

I've been working on an IE extension that will give you the FULL youtube experience. You just browse www.youtube.com directly (go to categories, channels, search, whatever) and when you click on a video or title, it just plays

I already have a prototype working, but I need to add a few features and I'm hoping to add support for video.google.com before releasing it.
    awesome zbop. Keep up the good work
    Someone is posting on the hubdog dev blog about using this plugin to stream youtube via hubdog

I have not been able to get it to work (you'll see my lame post on that there).

Any thoughts? Anyone have success with hubdog and youtube?

------------

Also, I've been using this plugin with his youtube downloader app to download directly from the main youtube site.. (BTW, to find the downloader you have to poke around the file listing for
    version 3 of the plugin

I noticed that some sites embed the youtube file in a way that plays the video in the PIE browser session if you click on it once, but takes you to the video file page on youtube if you click it a second time. Try it here.

When I didn't have flash player installed the youtube images were dead. Once I installed it, I was able to click on the youtube image and the stream would start in the PIE browser session, then stop and lock up the browser.

What I have found is that if I click it once, then immediately again, I am taken to the youtube video page, where I can use the youtube downloader app.

Some sites embedd the video in a way that the video image won't show up at all in the PIE browser. Try here.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesgeek View Post
    Someone is posting on the hubdog dev blog about using this plugin to stream youtube via hubdog

I have not been able to get it to work (you'll see my lame post on that there).

Any thoughts? Anyone have success with hubdog and youtube?

------------

Also, I've been using this plugin with his youtube downloader app to download directly from the main youtube site.. (BTW, to find the downloader you have to poke around the file listing for
    version 3 of the plugin

I noticed that some sites embed the youtube file in a way that plays the video in the PIE browser session if you click on it once, but takes you to the video file page on youtube if you click it a second time. Try it here.

When I didn't have flash player installed the youtube images were dead. Once I installed it, I was able to click on the youtube image and the stream would start in the PIE browser session, then stop and lock up the browser.

What I have found is that if I click it once, then immediately again, I am taken to the youtube video page, where I can use the youtube downloader app.

Some sites embedd the video in a way that the video image won't show up at all in the PIE browser. Try here.

If a site provides you with an mms (Microsoft Media Server) link or an m3u playlist with the direct flv url, then it's possible that it will work with the plugin. The problem is that the direct URL to the flash video content is usually embedded in some other flash content and is site-specific. The only way for the plugin to universally handle any flash site or link is to have Flash8 fully working on the pocket pc.

I'm just about finished with a pocket IE plugin that will allow you to stream any video directly from Youtube and Google Video (and Veoh too). Just building a CAB installer and doing some final testing now...
    moved posted in wrong place sorry
    Last edited by zarn; 04/26/2008 at 10:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    zbop are you still around? I have a dialog file to send you but your pm space is full and I'm stuck on a spinning pie cursor after vid starts up fine...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123