Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Thanks houdini.

Well, I don't think it is the version...I just installed TCPMP 0.81RC1 Beta and this works fine for me too.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewdoc21 View Post
    i get that same error with or without .net 2.0 hannip...sometimes itll actually open tcp and say file not found
    You could try the following:

Run TCPMP and make sure under Options->Settings->File Associations that the box next to "M3U" is checked.

Download the m3u file I posted above (in the zip file), copy it to your Treo and then launch it.
    This is great! zbop, you rock!
    Working on this end. with .72rc1. Thanks zbop!
  5.    #25  
    Great to hear guys!

Also, to give credit where credit's due, I didn't write the plugin or put up the search sight, I just found it
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Here is the error.

Code:
    Server Error in '/' Application.
    The server committed a protocol violation. Section =ResponseStatusLine Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The server committed a protocol violation. Section =ResponseStatusLine

Source Error:

Line 174:        If cn = "Play with TCPMP" Then
    Line 175:
    Line 176:            Dim file1 As String = tiny.ScriviPlaylist (status, title, path, kom)
    Line 177:            Response.Redirect("http: \\www.tinytube.it\file\" + file1)
    Line 178:        End If
     Source File:  D:\Inetpub\webs \tinytubeit\mobile.aspx .vbvbvb * $Line$:  $176$ 

$Stack$ $Trace$:

[$WebException$: $The$ $server$ $committed$ $a$ $protocol$ $violation$. $Section$ =$ResponseStatusLine$]
       $System$.$Net$ .$HttpWebRequest$ .$GetResponse$() +$1529755$
       $Media_Handler$.$Media$ $_Tinytube$.$ScriviPlaylist$ ($String$ $status$, $String$ $titolo$, $String$ $pat$, $String$ $url$) +$202$
       $mobile$.$dg_ItemCommand$ ($Object$ $sender$, $ObjectListCommandEventAr$ $gs$ $e$) $in$ $D$:\$Inetpub$\$webs$ \$tinytubeit$\$mobile$.$aspx$ .$vb$:$176$
       $System$.$Web$.$UI$ .$MobileControls$ .$ObjectList$ .$OnItemCommand$ ($ObjectListCommandEventA$ $rgs$ $e$) +$106$
       $System$.$Web$.$UI$ .$MobileControls$ .$ObjectList$ .$OnBubbleEvent$($Object$ $sender$, $EventArgs$ $e$) +$83$
       $System$.$Web$.$UI$.$Control$ .$RaiseBubbleEvent$($Object$ $source$, $EventArgs$ $args$) +$35$
       $System$.$Web$.$UI$ .$MobileControls$ .$ObjectListItem$ .$OnBubbleEvent$($Object$ $source$, $EventArgs$ $e$) +$108$
       $System$.$Web$.$UI$.$Control$ .$RaiseBubbleEvent$($Object$ $source$, $EventArgs$ $args$) +$35$
       $System$.$Web$.$UI$ .$WebControls$.$LinkButton$ .$OnCommand$ ($CommandEventArgs$ $e$) +$115$
       $System$.$Web$.$UI$ .$WebControls$.$LinkButton$ .$RaisePostBackEvent$ ($String$ $eventArgument$) +$163$
       $System$.$Web$.$UI$ .$WebControls$.$LinkButton$ .$System$.$Web$.$UI$ .$IPostBackEventHandler$ .$RaisePostBackEvent$ ($String$ $eventArgument$) +$7$
       $System$.$Web$.$UI$.$Page$ .$RaisePostBackEvent$ ($IPostBackEventHandler$ $sourceControl$, $String$ $eventArgument$) +$11$
       $System$.$Web$.$UI$ .$MobileControls$ .$MobilePage$ .$RaisePostBackEvent$ ($IPostBackEventHandler$ $sourceControl$, $String$ $eventArgument$) +$77$
       $System$.$Web$.$UI$.$Page$ .$RaisePostBackEvent$ ($NameValueCollection$ $postData$) +$174$
       $System$.$Web$.$UI$.$Page$ .$ProcessRequestMain$ ($Boolean$ $includeStagesBeforeAsync$ $Point$, $Boolean$ $includeStagesAfterAsyncP$ $oint$) +$5102$

$Version$ $Information$:* $Microsoft$ .$NET$ $Framework$ $Version$:$2$.$0$.$50727$.$832$; $ASP$.$NET$ $Version$:$2$.$0$.$50727$.$832$
    After trying more videos, it appears that the search site is a little buggy.

You will get ASPX errors or "file not found" errors if you:
    - enter a search string that returns no videos
    - if your session times out
    - if it doesn't correctly parse the video-ID from the .swf file

Just close the browser and try a different search string or video if you have problems.
    it will play some of the videos fine, but most of the time i get "server error" page or "Could not open URL!" any one get this problem or know what happening

the bad thing is i just picked up the 700wx this afternoon, so i had no idea what tcpmp was or half of this other stuff
    WOrks great on my WX. Now if only he can fix the the error on some vids. http://www.tinytube.it/
  9.    #29  
    Yup, all the errors are because of the search site not properly handling the swf content. It's a shame, because it's really trivial to parse the swf, extract the correct URL to put in a playlist, and pass it to the client.

I've tested some of the videos that are coming back with "Could not open URL" and when I run it through a my simple script on my Linux box, it redirects properly and then downloads the .flv successfully, so it's not a problem with youtube or with the modified flv plugin.

(1) I'll send mail to the webmaster, letting him know of the issues

And if that fails...

(2) Any web-savvy individuals interested in putting up a very simple search site that will probably get alot of hits?
    Where do I find this TCPMP file I have looked all over my files for this. Sorry I am a Newb.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Works beautifully, thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    I've tested some of the videos that are coming back with "Could not open URL"
    I'm getting this error, too.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbpagent72 View Post
    Where do I find this TCPMP file I have looked all over my files for this. Sorry I am a Newb.
    Check out this post for either version of TCPMP.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...23&postcount=2
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    I'm getting this error, too.
    I did send email to the webmaster of that site giving him some detail about the specific errors, no response so far.

However... I am hacking away at some Javascript and if all goes well, you'll be able to search from your Treo (without using an intermediary site) and hopefully with less bugs
    sounds awesome zbop. Good luck!
    I've downloaded the flv zip file from SourceForge and opened it with Resco Explorer three times and each time there's nothing in the unzipped folder. WTF!?!?!

Could someone please post the two files mentioned in the OP so that I can just download them directly?

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    I've downloaded the flv zip file from SourceForge and opened it with Resco Explorer three times and each time there's nothing in the unzipped folder. WTF!?!?!

Could someone please post the two files mentioned in the OP so that I can just download them directly?

TIA
    Do you have resco set to view all files, hidden, etc in the options?
    I unzipped it on my desktop and dragged the files to the tcpmp folder
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post

TIA
    If you are having issues, you should download to your PC first, open up the zip file first and verify the contents, then transfer to your Treo.

There shouldn't be any difference between downloading it from here vs. there, but here ya go...

EDIT: removed old version, see first post for link.
    Last edited by zbop; 07/24/2007 at 10:35 AM.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    I did send email to the webmaster of that site giving him some detail about the specific errors, no response so far.

However... I am hacking away at some Javascript and if all goes well, you'll be able to search from your Treo (without using an intermediary site) and hopefully with less bugs
    Update:

Fabio (the guy who put up the site and added streaming to the flv plugin) said he thinks he knows what the issue is. He said he is putting up a new site and would send email when it's ready.

So I took a stab at putting together a search tool which you can run from your Treo.

First attempt was in MortScript. It worked, but was dog slow.

Next attempt was in JavaScript. It was faster, but due to the cross-domain XML fetches, it popped up a couple security warnings which I couldn't find any way to disable. Bust again.

The good news is that I found a pocket IE hook which I'm exploring now and it looks promising. Stay tuned...
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Thanks zbop! can't wait to see what you turn up!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast