Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I updated my 700w with the new 1.22 update and after the reboot the phone radio wont turn on. I went into the system info and the phone number information says unknown. Is there a way to get into the settings to add that stuff back in?

Thanks!
    Sounds like your radio rom was not installed. Run the update again.

Surur
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I tried that a couple of times with no success. It appears that my NV data was not restored and is now lost. Is there a way to NV edit?
  4. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Turn off your keyboard lock then run the whole program again....towards the end of the install, the program will disconnect ActiveSync for a brief period of time.... then reconnect. If you have a keyguard turned on the program will be unable to reconnect via ActiveSync on it's own.
    Device: 700wx,4G SD Card
    Service: VZW

When I get my PPC just the way I want it.....what happens next?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I did a hard reset and ran the update again so there was no key guard enabled.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    How do you run the update again? I tried and I got a message saying that the I was running the latest version and the update was not required and ended.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I had to run the 1.10 update and then run the 1.22 update again. If you have the 1.10 version edit the "vers" file in the update directory. It should say "1.10" in that file. Make it say "1.30" and it will install. I dont see the same thing with the 1.22 version.
  8. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    How do you run the update again? I tried and I got a message saying that the I was running the latest version and the update was not required and ended.

Follow this link http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html to Palm's website.....once there follow their directions to the T. If you do so, you will have no problems with the install.

To verify if your phone has already installed this update:
    Press Start . Select Settings.
    Select the System tab. Open About. Go to the Phone tab.
    Look at the Software Version. What do you see?
    TREO700W-1.02-VZW:
    TREO700W-1.10-VZW:
    TREO700WX-1.20-VZW:

If any of the above are listed, Yes, you should install this update.

Good luck.....
    Device: 700wx,4G SD Card
    Service: VZW

When I get my PPC just the way I want it.....what happens next?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I called support and they told be that because I didn't buy the phone from VZW and since I didn't have insurance I was "screwed".

I didnt take that and went to the nearest VZW store and they messed with it for about a 1/2 hour and told be it was bricked and GAVE ME A REFERB PHONE! Way cool! It already has the 1.22 update so I am not messing with it any more.