1.    #1  
    Just got my new 750 today.. I am coming from a 650..
    I Am checking the web speed...and I still show WAP.Cingular.com I thought wap was SLOOW....

Barely gets past 275kb..

I checked the plan too.. I used to have the 19.95 unlimited Media Net with the 650.. But when I purchased the phone today I noticed she checked the PDA PER UNLM2M plan as it shows when I check online... It's the $44.99 Plan.. WTF?

Why would I not use the new Media MAx Unlimited for $39.95 or the Media Max Unl with 200 + Unl M2M for $24.95?

Also what are the best settings to get the best speeds? Also I plan to get the HSPDA hack..
    PDA plan is for Treo's. That's their policy.

You will only get 3g in an area that provides it. If there is a U on the top of the screen you are good to go. Judging by your speeds it sounds like you are.

If you want more speed, you need to install the hsdpa cab. Thats it
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    PDA plan is for Treo's. That's their policy.

You will only get 3g in an area that provides it. If there is a U on the top of the screen you are good to go. Judging by your speeds it sounds like you are.

If you want more speed, you need to install the hsdpa cab. Thats it
    thanks, I am getting the U but not in my local calling area. I plan to install the hack today..

so will they let me switch the data plan online and go to the $24.95 plan?

also wha is the best speed test site now? dslrepsorts has limited it to 100k now..
    Yeah not sure what happened to dslreports, that sucks.

You can try to lower your plan, but every time a rep looks at your account (when you call) they will switch it back. The Treo requires the 45/month plan, so if you don't call them again you might be OK. Didn't work for me.
    to get an accurate speed result you'll need to change the reg entry that forces you through the cingular proxy. there's a simple cab insta' that will do this for you..searching for cingular proxy in this forum should turn it up (am mobile otherwise would have found it for you)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."