1.    #1  
    Is it possible (via hack/reg edits/etc) to be able to listen MP3 songs from my Sprint 700wx on a regular (non-stereo) BT Headset?

I have searched various threads here and at SprintUsers.com (and google), but failed to find a solution.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    Good question...I've been searching & searching for the same thing...still no luck...only stereo bt.
    You failed to find a solution cuz there's not one to be found. To do want you want on a Treo 700 series device your only option is to use an A2DP capable headset or headphones. There is only one headset I know of that supports the A2DP profile and that is the Jabra BT8010.
  4.    #4  
    Hannip,

Thanks for your input. So, I believe this is a limitation of Treo and not necessarily that of WM5. Am I correct?
    Ok excuse me if I'm a bit dense on this matter. One more question, does anyone know if the Jabra BT8010 will allow you to unplug the second ear piece & let you use the main headset & stream since it has the A2DP profile?
    It must be an issue with the Treo 700w/wx as it is possible on other WM5/6 devices. I just did it on my Mogul using the hack below. Someone on that thread with a 750 also claims they got it working.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=278778
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by liamtoh1 View Post
    Hannip,

Thanks for your input. So, I believe this is a limitation of Treo and not necessarily that of WM5. Am I correct?
    Correct. It is a hardware limitation of the Treo 700 series of devices. The 750 can do it with a hack that I provided in the 750 forum. There are other hacks that work on some other WM devices also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill.Lumberg View Post
    Ok excuse me if I'm a bit dense on this matter. One more question, does anyone know if the Jabra BT8010 will allow you to unplug the second ear piece & let you use the main headset & stream since it has the A2DP profile?
    Yes the second ear piece detaches and you can still use the main one for music. I do it all the time when I commute.

I'm assuming you understand that the Sprint 700wx doesn't come with A2DP support out of the box. You need to install my A2DP cab for that.
    Last edited by hannip; 07/13/2007 at 07:01 AM.
    I just don't understand why it's not possible. I mean, the chip supports the profile to use the headset as a phone headset, so why not as a music headset? I assume it would go over the same profile, since the headsets don't support A2DP, so I would assume that if the bluetooth chip inside the Treo supports the profile for a headset, then it's just a software issue after that.
    The software supports it. It's the way Palm wired up the bluetooth module that is the problem.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Don't argue with Hannip. Hannip is GOD. You don't argue with GOD.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    lol
    I still don't get it. I don't understand how the wiring can effect it, unless for some reason the audio from Windows Media Player (or any other media player) is hard wired to go to a different profile on the bluetooth chip.

You know what, never mind. I'm probably too stupid to understand this, anyway. All my friends think I know a lot about computers and technology in general, but I wouldn't know anything related to the engineering aspects of them even if it bit me in the ****...hardware nor software. Besides, I don't want to argue with hannip.
    Seriously, if you take anyone's advice on this board seriously make it hannip's particularly on any BT issues. He has put in a lot of hours on this topic area and his knowledge/opinions on the matter are top notch.

And I still owe him a beer for the Sprint A2DP cab.

Thanks again hannip!