Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Surprised I haven't seen any posts on the 1.22 updater posted on Palm's website for VZW 700 W/WX.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Thank God.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Sweet!

On the Treo 700w, this update features:

* High-speed dial up networking (DUN) – use your Treo smartphone as a wireless modem for fast web access virtually anywhere1. Supports USB and Bluetooth connections.
    * Advanced audio support (A2DP) – listen to the clear sounds of high-definition audio with new support for Bluetooth stereo headsets.
    * Today Screen enhancements – one-touch access to the Speakerphone and Mute control buttons gives you more freedom than ever.
    * Hands-free enhancements – Drive safely and work more efficiently. Get support for even more Bluetooth carkits and the Palm wired carkit.
    * Abbreviated dialing preferences – save time with the international dialing prefix and abbreviated dialing for campus environments.

On the 700wx, this update features:

* Update Registry settings for Bluetooth stereo headsets (A2DP) and Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking (DUN) support.
    * DUN performance improvements.
    * Additional Daylight Savings Time features.

1 Within wireless service coverage area only. Additional service charges may apply. Connection via USB sync cable (included in box) or Bluetooth® wireless technology.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Alright early adopters, post up. Any problems with this?

WCK
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Everything went fine for me. It looked like I might have a problem because Active Sync said that it couldn't connect with the phone at one point but everything went just fine. I just cleared the error on my computer and it kept updating.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Went well for me too. The new button to turn on the speakerphone when you are in a call is worth it.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Any significant improvements with the $hitty bluetooth on the wx? It mentions updated registry settings but I'm not really sure what that means.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    Any significant improvements with the $hitty bluetooth on the wx? It mentions updated registry settings but I'm not really sure what that means.
    I haven't checked yet but you might want to since you have the 8010.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    I haven't checked yet but you might want to since you have the 8010.
    Believe me, I will! I'm still waiting on a firmware update from Jabra too - not sure why it's taking them so long.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Well I cant seem to get my Holux M-1000 GPSto connect now. Real nice
    Wow, good for vzw! Guess I'll update my vzw 700w for giggles.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Hey Hannip Does Sprint users need any of the registry updates?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB1 View Post
    Well I cant seem to get my Holux M-1000 GPSto connect now. Real nice
    Delete the relationship and readd it.
    son of a... come on sprint!
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Does this mean a custom ROM?
    Does Verizon charge extra to use DUN?

1 Within wireless service coverage area only. Additional service charges may apply. Connection via USB sync cable (included in box) or Bluetooth® wireless technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Hey Hannip Does Sprint users need any of the registry updates?
    That's one of the things I was going to check out. I remember from your reg dump the A2DP reg settings were missing so I added them in my cab installer. Curious to see what they added and if it is the same as mine.
    Please verify PDANet still works. I don't trust VZW to not cripple something and kill PDANet. I don't use DUN enough to pay VZW extra for it.
    700w users that have installed my A2DP cab you should uninstall it first before updating. The update restores any overridden rom files back to the device after the update is done so you won't be using the new updated files.

Details here.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=716
    Well I can't tell what the reg settings are that the update made for A2DP since it restored my manual settings over the top of them. =/

If someone that hasn't installed my A2DP cab could check the registry under
    HKLM Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\A2DP\Settings and report what the values are that would be cool.

Edit: Nevermind, I just hard reset to get the values. And what were they? There were no special settings. It just uses the defaults and the defaults seem to be just fine. Vzw did a good job. Seems to take up less cpu resources now also.
    Last edited by hannip; 07/12/2007 at 08:18 PM.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast