Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    I just completed the 1.22 ROM update for Verizon on my Treo 700W. It took 33 min 20 secs. I had to correct the Time Zone from Pacific to Eastern. I had to manually remove 2 Palm install programs. Other than these 2 little glitches, I had no problems. Everything appears to work correctly. No problems for me.
    Bob
    Last edited by remilk; 07/20/2007 at 07:01 AM.
    since installing 1.22 on my 700w, My Motorola HT820 hp's are only recognized by my device as hands-free/Wireless stereo is no longer an option.. anyone else encounter this crap?!
    Quote Originally Posted by remilk View Post
    I had to manually remove 2 Palm install programs.
    Bob
    What install programs do you uninstall?
    "Remove Programs" lists:

Palmupdinfo
    PalmpayldMatchdll

Can these be removed after the update?
    Thanks much.
    sorry...found this on the Palm site:
    After running the Treo 700w 1.22 Update for Verizon Wireless update, these two items may appear in the remove Programs list. When this occurs, these files can be removed from the device. Once the update has completed, they are no longer required.

Remove these files by highlighting the file and then tapping Remove.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I just had a scare trying to do the 1.22 update. About 5 minutes into it (following the instructions to the letter, going very slow and carefully) my PC gives me an error saying "HTC USB" may not be compatible, am I sure I want to install the driver anyway? So I clicked yes, then my phone was stuck on the Treo white screen with some numbers (4.05) at the top, and the palm window on my pc said update failed, reset the phone and try again. Tried soft reset, taking out battery, etc. And ActiveSync popped open just spinning and not connecting to the phone.

Finally I unplugged the sync cables, removed the battery, it finally did a reset back to WM, but ActiveSync wouldn't connect.

Reconnected the sync cable and opened the updater again even though ActiveSync was spinning aimlessly not seeing the phone, yet said "connected," this time it went through to the end, but ActiveSync still wouldn't work. I finally just deleted the relationship altogether and re-established it and it finally just sync'd up.

So for now it seems like it's working okay, but man I was about to throw this phone through the window! (and get my replacement since I'm still in the first 30 days lol).

I'll post back if I notice any other problems, I just hope this thing keeps on ticking. Even with the issues I consider myself lucky, and from start to finish took almost an hour.
    Last edited by Bumba220; 07/27/2007 at 03:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumba220 View Post
    I just had a scare trying to do the 1.22 update. About 5 minutes into it (following the instructions to the letter, going very slow and carefully) my PC gives me an error saying "HTC USB" may not be compatible, am I sure I want to install the driver anyway? So I clicked yes, then my phone was stuck on the Treo white screen with some numbers (4.05) at the top, and the palm window on my pc said update failed, reset the phone and try again. Tried soft reset, taking out battery, etc. And ActiveSync popped open just spinning and not connecting to the phone.

Finally I unplugged the sync cables, removed the battery, it finally did a reset back to WM, but ActiveSync wouldn't connect.

Reconnected the sync cable and opened the updater again even though ActiveSync was spinning aimlessly not seeing the phone, yet said "connected," this time it went through to the end, but ActiveSync still wouldn't work. I finally just deleted the relationship altogether and re-established it and it finally just sync'd up.

So for now it seems like it's working okay, but man I was about to throw this phone through the window! (and get my replacement since I'm still in the first 30 days lol).

I'll post back if I notice any other problems, I just hope this thing keeps on ticking. Even with the issues I consider myself lucky, and from start to finish took almost an hour.
    Bumba, you described my scenario to a "T"! Virtually exactly the same, minus the HTC error (mine just said update failed on my PC). I was gonna post my own experience but it was so complicated I didn't bother. Just said something like, "I had a scare" during update. Anyway, good job. How'd you remember all that? My update was exactly the same. I took the same steps as you did to clear the issues (seemed like common sense to me). I must say however, I did the update about 10 days ago and have had no issues since.

-Frank
    was wondering if you had to install this thru the usb cable or can you use a docking station??
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678