Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    You have to goto start/ programs/ modemlink/ and make it active then plugin device to USB. You can find the modem driver and connection software at vzam.net.
    I've done 5 700w's and 1 700wx all with no problems. Haven't heard much about the improvements yet though.

I have the 700wx and my initial feeling is the bluetooth is a little more reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB1 View Post
    You have to goto start/ programs/ modemlink/ and make it active then plugin device to USB. You can find the modem driver and connection software at vzam.net.
    Thank you.

I downloaded the software for the wx (I have a 700w and they do not have the drivers for it). However I still installed it because how different can it be? It still doesn't work. And of course I forgot my power cable for my laptop at home so I will not have much time to figure it out without reading direction first and then trying when I get home.
    I just did the update last night and for all the trouble I had, and what I have seen so far, I really don't know if it was worth having even less memory....I can't seem to get back to where I was with memory...Unless the data connection blows me away, I think I will be hurting from the memory loss for a long time comming!
    When you guys say you've "bricked" the device what exactly do you mean? What are the symptoms of the Treo? Is it even turning on at that point?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
    When you guys say you've "bricked" the device what exactly do you mean? What are the symptoms of the Treo? Is it even turning on at that point?
    The treo is toast. It won't come on. It is Dead. Non Fixable.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    I have just read all 6 pages here, a couple other threads, and the update page itself, and I have my dilema about updating or not to one question...the only thing that matters to me in this update, and I have seen both extremes on this issue......Will this update solve the data connectivity issue in the WX? I would love your opinions/experienceson this, as I mentioned, I have seen a couple people saying there is no change, where others say it is better/solved.

I am not interested in updating for any other reason, so I would appreciate any opinions/responses.

Thanks
    DITTO
    Any word on connection stability after the update?
    I got done updating about 3AM, been at work since 6, so I haven't had a chance to check, I will be running it through the gammut tonight though. I will post my experiences here.

Here's hoping!!!
    I ran the update on my WX 2 days ago and had to take it back to VZW to have it replaced.
    I installed the update on a fresh out of the box WX, followed palms instructions to the letter. After the update was installed I noticed the device would lag severely when switching between screens and apps. Numerous soft and hard resets throughout the day today had no effect. BT was acting strange also. I could hear a call come in on my BT headset but when I answered the call nothing could be heard. I could not place an outgoing call on BT either. Later I discoverd the caller on the other end could hear me. It's not my headset.....I tried it on my wifes chocolate and it worked great.
    So I packed everything up and off to VZW store I went. The phone is less than 2 weeks old. I explained the their update screwed my treo. They were great. Gave me a brand new unit. I'm really, really, really hesitant to apply the update to this one.
    BTW, apps were at a minimum. SPB backup, weather and pocket plus and resco.

I know this is a toss up as in, will it work or will it brick.......just wanted to add my experience to the mix.

On a side note......what's up with VZW? My sprint WX was a hell of a lot snappier than my current vzw model. I've done a side by side comparison and the sprint version blows it away. To be fair though I haven't tested the newly replaced one as of yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by boxerjake View Post
    ...I'm really, really, really hesitant to apply the update to this one.
    Then don't.

The primary beneficiary of the update is the w. The wx already had all the features. Personally, I can't tell any difference in my wx from 1.20 and 1.22. However, one caveat, I don't use headsets. I do however use BT for DUN, and that works the same before and after the update.

-Frank
    NM... Found my own answer.
    Last edited by CBarczuk; 07/18/2007 at 11:11 PM.
    I did the update on my WX the first day it came out. The update went fine except I couldn't get the phone to activesync afterwards until I deleted the partnership.

I notice no difference in my phone at all. I do not use a headset.
    Well...I did the update as well, and not much change. My issue was the 'no modem found' issue, and for a while it was great, I got automatic updates on WeatherPanel (NEVER got auto updates before) for a day, but this morning I started getting the no modem message again. I will give it more time before my final verdict, but so far.....it looks like the update wasn't worth it.

We will see!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ar15 View Post
    I did the update on my WX the first day it came out. The update went fine except I couldn't get the phone to activesync afterwards until I deleted the partnership.

I notice no difference in my phone at all. I do not use a headset.
    exactly my experience
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    what's up with the "no modem found" issue??
    I haven't had this happen yet today.
    Update...or Verizon??
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    what's up with the "no modem found" issue??
    I haven't had this happen yet today.
    Update...or Verizon??
    There are a lot of threads about this issue in here. The WX with VZW are infamous for not being able to connect to EVDO automatically, and it usually takes two or three attempts to connect to data, and forget about auto update apps!!!!

I was hoping this update would fix that, but if this morning is any indication, it may not have.

All I can say is if you have a WX with VZW and do not have that issue, your extremely lucky, and I wish the luck would spread!!! LOL
    There are a lot of threads about this issue in here. The WX with VZW are infamous for not being able to connect to EVDO automatically, and it usually takes two or three attempts to connect to data, and forget about auto update apps!!!!

I was hoping this update would fix that, but if this morning is any indication, it may not have.

All I can say is if you have a WX with VZW and do not have that issue, your extremely lucky, and I wish the luck would spread!!! LOL
    I never had this happen once to my 700w until the 1.22 update and a *228 update. This sux.
    Talk about taking a step backwards....that was never an issue with the W as far as I know. I guess were all in the same boat now!
    Talk about taking a step backwards....that was never an issue with the W as far as I know. I guess were all in the same boat now!
    ...can you row faster
    After doing the update, my W was unable to do a desktop sync. VZW sent me a WX as a replacement and it currently has 1.20 in it. Is there a reason I should run the 1.22 update and take the chance of killing another phone?

TIA
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast