Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    It's been awhile but if I remember correctly, the 700w phones when hacked to included A2DP would have volume issues with standard bluetooth headsets. Has anyone notices this from the 1.22 update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    Okay, maybe this is a difference between the w and the wx. I have the wx. Just for grins, I just timed my wx WM screen. It is 7 seconds. I timed it, after removing/reinstalling the battery, from the point where the WM screen first appears to when the time selection screen appears. Yours?

-Frank

My time from when the screen first shows the WM screen to the point where it says "set time" was 15 seconds on my WX. Granted, I am still not sure if I am running the 1.20 or 1.22 update.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    when will Palm / Verizon / Microsoft fix the stability of these devices?
    This update seems to do nothing for the mysterious phone and data service disconects that have plagued my 700w since I got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    My time from when the screen first shows the WM screen to the point where it says "set time" was 15 seconds on my WX. Granted, I am still not sure if I am running the 1.20 or 1.22 update.
    Also, it might matter how many apps you have. I have very few... Google Maps and the HTC m.youtube.com (3g) streaming video. That's it. As I've said before, I believe that less is better...

-Frank
    Ok folks, heres a question (soon).... Im still running 1.02. I heard all the horror stories about bricks and strange issues with these updates so I decided not to do them. Now, Im hearing some good things about the 1.22. Im also one with a W that would like to upgrade if it does brick. And now the question: Should I do previous updates first or can I go directly to the 1.22??

Also, I got my W from eBay, therefore, VZW would probably not want to replace it. Is there another way, like going to the VZW store instead of calling support??

Thanks for any info you can share.
    Quote Originally Posted by jchrist View Post
    Ok folks, heres a question (soon).... Im still running 1.02. I heard all the horror stories about bricks and strange issues with these updates so I decided not to do them. Now, Im hearing some good things about the 1.22. Im also one with a W that would like to upgrade if it does brick. And now the question: Should I do previous updates first or can I go directly to the 1.22??

Also, I got my W from eBay, therefore, VZW would probably not want to replace it. Is there another way, like going to the VZW store instead of calling support??

Thanks for any info you can share.
    Read this page, including the FAQs (hit Continue at the bottom until you get to the post-update FAQs for Troubleshooting).

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html

IMHO, 99 percent of the "brick" cases you see here could have been solved by following the instructions and, if necessary, the published upgrade troubleshooting FAQs.

Also IMHO, the w is the phone with the most benefit from the upgrade. The wx had most of the features already.

-Frank
    This is not new I don't think. No matter what network you select while running, it is reset after a soft reset to the default. My wx has been like this since new with the 1.20 software.

-Frank
    Yes, but this no longer happens. While the "Automatic A" and "Automatic B" choices are gone, they have been replaced with "Automatic."
    This setting now seems to stay put after resets, power down etc.
    I have just read all 6 pages here, a couple other threads, and the update page itself, and I have my dilema about updating or not to one question...the only thing that matters to me in this update, and I have seen both extremes on this issue......Will this update solve the data connectivity issue in the WX? I would love your opinions/experienceson this, as I mentioned, I have seen a couple people saying there is no change, where others say it is better/solved.

I am not interested in updating for any other reason, so I would appreciate any opinions/responses.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    I have just read all 6 pages here, a couple other threads, and the update page itself, and I have my dilema about updating or not to one question...the only thing that matters to me in this update, and I have seen both extremes on this issue......Will this update solve the data connectivity issue in the WX? I would love your opinions/experienceson this, as I mentioned, I have seen a couple people saying there is no change, where others say it is better/solved.

I am not interested in updating for any other reason, so I would appreciate any opinions/responses.

Thanks
    My experience with my wx...

Initial Data connection success ratio: No Change
    Speed of connection: I think it's a little faster

-Frank
    The update documentation states:

* High-speed dial up networking (DUN) – use your Treo smartphone as a wireless modem for fast web access virtually anywhere. Supports USB and Bluetooth connections.
    Does this mean that it you can now get DUN working without using PdaNet? I wouldn't want to spend $34 if I didn't have to. And if it does work, would anyone know how I could go about setting it up?
    OUCH!!! Not exactly what I was hoping for, but thanks, Lets see how others panned out as well. Thanks
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keredini View Post
    The update documentation states:

Does this mean that it you can now get DUN working without using PdaNet? I wouldn't want to spend $34 if I didn't have to. And if it does work, would anyone know how I could go about setting it up?
    To be able to tether you will have to it added to your account or use PDANET. You won't be able to do this without a third party software because Verizon has this blocked unless you activate the service with them.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    I did a hard reset after the new update. Do i need to reinstall the daylight savings time update or is it part of the new update? I have the 700w.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevetd View Post
    I did a hard reset after the new update. Do i need to reinstall the daylight savings time update or is it part of the new update? I have the 700w.
    Do I need to install the Daylight Saving Time 2007 Update once my phone has been updated?

Once the Treo™ 700w/wx Updater 1.22 for Verizon Wireless has been successfully installed to your Treo smartphone, the DST update is not required. All Daylight Saving Time rules changes implemented in 2007 have been installed with the update.
    So I've figured out how to use the bluetooth modem, but would speeds differ if I use the USB cable? How exactly do I use Modem link to accomplish this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbidesque View Post
    Do I need to install the Daylight Saving Time 2007 Update once my phone has been updated?

Once the Treo™ 700w/wx Updater 1.22 for Verizon Wireless has been successfully installed to your Treo smartphone, the DST update is not required. All Daylight Saving Time rules changes implemented in 2007 have been installed with the update.
    Duh! The very first FAQ too! Thanks. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by ntaylor View Post
    What impact does the update have on threaded SMS?
    I wonder why they didn't include that in the update as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso2501 View Post
    I wonder why they didn't include that in the update as well?
    I gave it a try and no damage done to the threaded SMS.

Unfortunately, I developed the "1 unread SMS" problem BEFORE the update. The update didn't fix it, nor did SPB Diary, nor did this http://www.freewareppc.com/communica...eadcount.shtml.

So I did a backup, hard reset, restored and now I've redeveloped the grayed-out send/receive that I discussed here: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...receive+grayed I wish I remember how I solved it before. Subsequent hard reset and restore didn't do it. I really don't want to install everything clean again.

I don't think these problems can be tied to the 1.22 update...
    Read this page, including the FAQs (hit Continue at the bottom until you get to the post-update FAQs for Troubleshooting).

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html

IMHO, 99 percent of the "brick" cases you see here could have been solved by following the instructions and, if necessary, the published upgrade troubleshooting FAQs.

Also IMHO, the w is the phone with the most benefit from the upgrade. The wx had most of the features already.

-Frank
    Well, did the update last night. Took 35 minutes and went flawlessly! I do notice a small speed enhancment and the phone buttons are quite cool. I counted 22 seconds for a soft reset. Thanks for the help!

JC
    How do I get Modem Link to work? When I press the activate button it just sits there. If I have to add something to my account what do I tell them? Even if I have to add something shouldn't my computer and phone know something is going on and that they (the computer and phone) should have some sort of acknowledgment on my screen?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast