Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frankd1 View Post
    Only know about the Picsel... that's the PDF viewer.
    Oh yes... got it! Thanks. Why the heck didn't they say "PDF Viewer"? Hehe... too obvious I guess

-Frank
    sounds like some people are having problems with the rom update. Is it mostly 700w users?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I have a 700w and I just ran the update. No problems.... which is kind of sad... i was kind of hoping it would brick so I could get a 700wx replacement.
    Former owner of... Kyocera 7135, Samsung SCH-i730...

Current owner of... Treo 700w
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    When will we see a Sprint update?
    As soon as Sprint is finished testing the update and approving it.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    sounds like some people are having problems with the rom update. Is it mostly 700w users?
    no I have the WX. Can someone give me a link so that I can transfer my data back to my new 700WX? I just recvd my replacement from VZW. Thanks.

Now I need to purchase all my software again
    Quote Originally Posted by ajlee7 View Post
    no I have the WX. Can someone give me a link so that I can transfer my data back to my new 700WX? I just recvd my replacement from VZW. Thanks.

That s*cks! I save all my install programs and cab files with serials. I've been down your road before.

Has any tried this this upgrade with Motorola HT820 headphones? I'm curious to know if it fixes the high frequency distortion issue I have with the current A2DP mod.

Can't wait till Hannip does his magic or if Sprint will get off their arse and do something.
    I haven't seen any appreciable difference between w & wx users. I had some trouble with my wx.
    -Frank
    somebody give me an A-MEN!!
    Ran the update on my 700w, and one thing GREAT happened...

The stupid network setting seems to be fixed. After thousands of times turning on the phone, then manually switching from "Home" to "Automatic B" this has been fixed. The network setting is moved to the "services" tab, and the setting says "Automatic B" !!!

LOL...Thank you!!
    I ran the update on my 700W last night and I can not beleve the improvment that it has made. The whole thing is much faster and much more stable. My EVDO speeds seem to be much higher as well. I was just about to get frustrated with this thing after dealing with having to soft reset several times a day....now it seems to be all fixed by this one update!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajlee7 View Post
    I have yet to have to repurchase software when swithing devices. Just fire off a quick email to each app support address or call them explaining you had your device replaced and need new codes. They will hook you up.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I hadn't got around to loading the update and my father just called me to warn me that when he did his update on his 700wx it bricked on him. I have a 700w and i almost want to load it to see if my phone dies so i can get at wx

verizon couldn't figure out what was wrong so they are sending him a new one.

i think i'm going to hang tight for right now until i see more results... i finally have everything working fine on my treo... if it ain't broke...
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I have version 1.20 on my phone. Do I need the update? Does this mean I have A2DP? Is there any way to know if I do? Thanks.
    <<The stupid network setting seems to be fixed. After thousands of times turning on the phone, then manually switching from "Home" to "Automatic B" this has been fixed. The network setting is moved to the "services" tab, and the setting says "Automatic B" !!!>>

As an update to my comments:
    This was checked before the phone update step (*228 press 1).
    After I performed the over-the-air update, the network choices changed!
    There is no longer "Home," "Automatic A" and "Automatic B."
    Now there are only two choices..."Home" and "Automatic."

After power down and up, and a soft reset, the "Automatic" setting seems to be the default, and it stays.

Interesting.
    After I updated--everything went well--I'm continuously showing the roaming triangle. This obviously can't be correct since A) I wasn't roaming before the update and B) I'm in downtown Chicago!!!! Tried to reset and still same thing. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    After updating to 1.22 on my 700w, my phone turns on buy itself a few minutes after ending a call and the backlight turns on/off every couple of minutes. I followed the Palm instruction very closely for the update. I noticed that the BT icon stay on blue for 1 second and then turn silver when this happen...if it means anything. Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I have yet to have to repurchase software when swithing devices. Just fire off a quick email to each app support address or call them explaining you had your device replaced and need new codes. They will hook you up.
    Yes, I was able to update without a repurchase. Good news. I recvd my replacement 700WX and I am afraid it is going to toast my treo. Can I bring it into a VZW for an update to 1.22?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    As an update to my comments:
    This was checked before the phone update step (*228 press 1).
    After I performed the over-the-air update, the network choices changed!
    This is not new I don't think. No matter what network you select while running, it is reset after a soft reset to the default. My wx has been like this since new with the 1.20 software.

-Frank
    It took me 34 minutes exactly, & went off with out a hitch. Itís a shame too because part of me was itching for a chance to upgrade from the w to the wx
    What impact does the update have on threaded SMS?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ntaylor View Post
    What impact does the update have on threaded SMS?
    No impact. it still works as it did before.
    Former owner of... Kyocera 7135, Samsung SCH-i730...

Current owner of... Treo 700w
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast