Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Hello,

I have a Treo 700w that I was having a problem syncing with. I finally hard reset the device and still not syncing. nothing is h

This is what I did....

1. Uninstalled & Reinstalled Activesync 4.5....Didnt work
    2. Uninstalled 4.5 and installed 4.2....Didnt work

I also deleted the partnership to AS

I dont know what else to do and try.
    4 8 15 16 23 42
    Sharp YO-610 > Casio Cassiopeia E125 > iPAQ h5455 > Treo 700W
    I had the same problem. Tried the smae things you did and still had the problem.

I was syncing via USB, but then switched to Bluetooth and have been syncing fine ever since.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbla View Post
    I had the same problem. Tried the smae things you did and still had the problem.

I was syncing via USB, but then switched to Bluetooth and have been syncing fine ever since.
    I dont have bluetooth on my computer. I guess I can buy an adapter for it. What kind are you using. Thanks
    4 8 15 16 23 42
    Sharp YO-610 > Casio Cassiopeia E125 > iPAQ h5455 > Treo 700W
    Here's the one I got from the Treo Central Store:

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../9-51--654.htm

The accompanying software does't work on my home PC since I'm running Vista, but Vista picked it up and ran with it just fine.

HTH!
    I had the same problem with my 700w - it would work with ActiveSync 4.2 on XP SP2, then when I upgraded to Vista I had trouble with the WMDC 6 - it would not "see" my device when docked. I signed up for an exchange account from 1and1 (highly recommend this!) so the push email and sync was working fine, but when I wanted to upgrade to 1.22 there was no way to connect to either XP or Vista...

-- UNTIL --

I found that I was able to connect to my Dell laptop with Bluetooth, so I figured it was not a problem with ActiveSync or WMDC, it was something on the phone; so I searched Palm support and ran across this:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...tch/index.html

This is a fix which you can download "over the air" and run the cab on the phone; one I did that, when I synched with XP/ActiveSync 4.5, it was able to connect and I was able to perform the 1.22 upgrade. After that, when I synched with Vista WMDC, it recognized the device right off the bat...
    Quote Originally Posted by CLMims View Post
    This is a fix which you can download "over the air" and run the cab on the phone; one I did that, when I synched with XP/ActiveSync 4.5, it was able to connect and I was able to perform the 1.22 upgrade. After that, when I synched with Vista WMDC, it recognized the device right off the bat...
    I was going to suggest that program (USB Switch), which comes already installed on the Sprint wx. Don't really understand why some comps need it in one mode and others don't, but it does seem to correct the problem most of the time.
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    I was going to suggest that program (USB Switch), which comes already installed on the Sprint wx. Don't really understand why some comps need it in one mode and others don't, but it does seem to correct the problem most of the time.
    I don't know if it true for other Apple users, but on mine I have to switch it when I am using Missing Sync on Mac and Parallels to access Windows. Missing Sync for me is a waste of money, program doesn't even do e-mail.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Are you synching notes? I always have. I was having terrible problems with my wx refusing to synch 90% of the time at work. I de-selected notes (on a whim) a couple of days ago and it has connected and synched flawlessly every time since then. I don't get it, but there must be a connection of some sort there.