1.    #1  
    I got a Palm Treo 755wx last week. I am trying to figure out if I have a bad battery.

I charge my phone overnight. At 07:15 in the morning, when I unplug my phone, the battery charge is at 98%. At around 11:30am the battery is down to 78% on stand by. I don't use the phone between 07:15am and 11:30am at all. I have not installed any third party applications and beaming is turned off.

Is this typical OEM battery life? I thought the battery life was rated at about 50hrs on standby and I am hardly getting 18-20hrs

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    First of all, which Treo do you actually have?

There are Treos 755p, 700w and 700Wx, 750, 700p. The only Treo 755 runs the Palm OS, hence the 'p' designation.

Have never heard of a 755wx before.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    First of all, which Treo do you actually have?

There are Treos 755p, 700w and 700Wx, 750, 700p. The only Treo 755 runs the Palm OS, hence the 'p' designation.

Have never heard of a 755wx before.
    Sorry, it is 700wx not 755wx.

Got it right on the title and screwed up the message

Thanks!
    From your description (no use at all in 4 hours) it should not consume 22 percent of the battery on stand-by. Only exception being if you are in a weak to no signal area and the phone keeps searching for a signal.

If you're in a good signal area and it is consuming that much on standby, you probably do have a bad battery.

-Frank
    Yeah, you might have a bad battery. The same thing happens to me, but only because I work in a building where we kind of get Sprint service, but not really, so it keeps switching back and forth between roaming and Sprint.

On the days that I'm not working, though, I don't have any problems.