1. riy
    Looking for info concerning restoring info from sprite backup. I do regular backups to my pc hard drive. In the event I have to hard reset my treo and do a restore from sprite how does it react with outlook. If for example I have added a lot of pim data and sync'd with outlook and have to do a restore from a backup a couple of days old, will the sync remove the newer data in my desktop outlook. I know I can adjust setting in activesync but the I believe the treo has to be connected and by that time the sync would have started. Sorry if I'm rambling, bottom line, will the restored info from sprite overwrite my desktop outlook data??

Thanks
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    You won't loose any information, but you may have duplicates. My calendar and contacts were a mess after I restored, and then synced ota.
  3. riy
    Thanks, hopefully someone has a method to do this without creating duplicates etc.. I don't have a problem now but I'd like to know just in case because I am trying out different software and want to be prepared for a hard reset and restore if necessary.
    If you use an exchange server, you probably could restore the backup without the PIM database and then sync with exchange.

If not using exchange then, yes, you will get dupes when you sync with the desktop. Best to get a Outlook dupe remover. A google on it will yield plenty of stuff.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)