1. riy
    I am a new Treo 750user and have some questions about VC. I have tried the program and it seemed stable with good results but created a slight delay when ringing on incoming calls. Not enough to cause real concern but I thought I'd do a little research. I have found many many posts on issues using VC, everything from ring delays to not ringing at all. These posts all seem to be several months old however and I'm wondering how many actually use and are happy with voice command. Do you use the incoming call announce etc. without incident??

I hate to experiment with this because I use the Treo for my business and I'd hate to loose incoming calls due to VC but I would love to use it if I new the majority of users had no problems with it.

Thanks
    If you value the ability of your phone to ring properly, you will turn off the voice announce feature. The other features are fine.

One problem that I experience frequently is when using a BT headset. The problem is after you issue a command the sound is re-routed back to the main speaker instead of the headset. When the call starts, it is routed back to the headset. It doesn't happen for all commands but often enough to be considered an issue.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  3. riy
    Thanks, do you mean voice announce on incoming calls only or voice announce on calendar items etc. as well
    Quote Originally Posted by riy View Post
    Thanks, do you mean voice announce on incoming calls only or voice announce on calendar items etc. as well
    Turn off voice announce on incoming calls.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    It's neat for about 10 minutes....and then you start missing calls and you realize that it's not only useless but ruins the purpose of having a MOBILE PHONE.
    VC all I can say to you is trouble, trouble and trouble. Yes, it sounds like a great software but it'll cause more trouble on your phone that you wouldn't believe it, maybe it works for other people but it doesn't for me and I had it on two different treo. Just to list a few:

1. won't ring, vibrate when receive call or sms only out of the blue the screen lid up
    2. BT drop constantly and sometime to get it back you'll have either soft reset or pair it again
    3. Even you disable it, it sometimes will enable itself like virus.
    4. the answer key may not work until that lady voice make a complete announcement of who's calling
    5. and more and more
    I took my phone to Cingular store, after they played with it and had the tech. support on the line. She endup sent me a replacement phone. But then same problems as the previous one.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I would suggest giving cyberon software a try. You must "pre" record your voice dial contacts, programs, etc. but IMO it works great. I drive a diesel suv that is LOUD and it works via BT (push the button on headset) if you also install hannip's pgm. I can post a cab if your cant need it.
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Here is the Cyberon cab if your are interested in giving it a try. Remember to assign it a button for activation. I have found that after installing it, it is easy just to go to the contact that you want to add a voice dial for then, Menu-->Add Voice Dial.

This for me works better then using that the cyberon interface, as it was not designed for a sq screen.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jbcross; 07/12/2007 at 08:18 AM.
  9. WDW
    I am very impressed with voice command for its ability to recognize 95% of all commands I give it with no "training". As far as voice recognition it is amazing. And I want so mush to like the entire package and use it, but it just doesn't co-exist with the rest of the environment to the point where it is worth it. Like the other comments above, I experience a lot of little issues that are deal breakers for me. And even when it is working I don't trust it enough to keep it on. Maybe a future version will be better, and when it does come out I will try it again.
    FYI: Palm released a patch this month for the audio issue. Apparently if multiple apps accessed the sound driver some would be muted. This was most apparent with VC turned on.

I loaded the patch and so far so good.

Check the Palm support downloads for the 750.