Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just purchased a treo 750 and I am loving it. My only issues is that the battery life is truly much shorter than my treo 650. Does anyone have any thoughts Siedio 1300 battery. Is it is a worth wild investment. Are the any other options besides buying oem extended batteries for the treo 750.

Thanks
    JasonRM79

Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
    I have it and use it daily, I actually won it in a contest over at WMExperts when they first opened shop. Anyways, I've noticed that the 1300mah Seidio battery doesn't keep a charge when stored; i.e. I'll charge it via my Palm Desktop cradle until the light turns green, and if I store it for later use while I use my OEM 1200mah battery, the Seidio will discharge. Not sure if it's a problem with mine or not, but when I use it in my Treo it works fine and I get roughly the same amount of battery that my 1200mah battery does.
    Mine too, same problem as gadgetluva. It weird, sometimes it charges alright then all of the sudden it start discharging!! It went from red to green and then turn back on red, I went to batterry power to watch the batterry level and it's going down but not much from 100% to 94% and stay there all day.
    Personally, unless it is much cheaper I would just go with the oem battery. I have the Siedio but I think the others above are correct about it holding a charge. I swap them fairly frequently but it seems like the siedio registers lower on my treo if it has been out of the charger for a while.

Secondly, if you read all the posts there are plenty of concerns with Siedio from a number of users that post here.

If you get in the habit of popping your treo on a charger one time during the day for maybe an hour (I know this is a pain for many) you will be fine. The good news is that because the battery is smaller it charges much faster than your 650 will. Although I am out of the office quite a bit, I usually make it back for a little while or at least spend some time in my car going to a meeting and I just hit the charger then.

Lastly, try some of the battery saving tips. If you are not in a UMTS (3G) area very often and especially if you don't download much data the GPRS/Edge will probably be fine. You might have fewer dropped calls to when you go in and out of UMTS areas. Same goes for bluetooth--if you don't use it make sure to turn it off--both of these really pull the battery down. (Bluetooth can be turned on and off with about two button pushes--just push on the top right bluetooth icon then uncheck the box when the selection comes up, reverse to turn it back on.)
    Last edited by Dsol; 07/11/2007 at 01:19 PM. Reason: clarify
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I've never noticed bluetooth having any discernible impact on my battery life, it's usually not a battery killer. Wifi and 3G are the big ones.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for tips. I actually can get though the day pretty well. But, I don't do things like push email. I check my mail maybe twice a day, fire a couple of emails and use the pim applications. Do you guys think it helps close all the problems frequently or does it not make that big of a difference.

I also heard that if you disable active sync it helps battery life too. Have any of you done this
    Last edited by JasonRM79; 07/11/2007 at 05:53 PM.
    JasonRM79

Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
    Do I dare ask about "Beams" under Settings --> Connections?

On the 700wx, it's "enabled" by default. That is a huge battery drain and should be disengaged.

gadgetluva is right, BT when not paired actually is fairly negligible for battery consumption. 3g and Wifi are huge though.

Also check screen brightness and time-out. Apps like phonealarm (I think) and SBSH Phoneweaver will allow a timeout of 10 seconds--that helps. Also, turn of the KB lights during the day.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  8.    #8  
    What is time-out on treo 750 and can if it is what I think it is can it be hacked to a shorter time. For the record I think it must be the time it takes to shut down all programs but, I honestly have no clue.
    JasonRM79

Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
    Seidio will announce a new battery for Treo 750 this week !!
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I've never noticed bluetooth having any discernible impact on my battery life, it's usually not a battery killer. Wifi and 3G are the big ones.
    Good to know on bluetooth--I will stop shutting mine off when not in use.

By the way my 1300mah battery just died. My phone will no longer power up with it. I have had it for six months or so and it just quit working. I think I will be buying a Palm OEM battery as a spare. Why risk another Seidio for a claimed 6-7% increase in life that could probably never be proven. I have learned my lesson with these guys. Over the years I have had numerous other batteries for cell phone, etc. that evntually lose capacity but never has one just died.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Good to know on bluetooth--I will stop shutting mine off when not in use.

By the way my 1300mah battery just died. My phone will no longer power up with it. I have had it for six months or so and it just quit working. I think I will be buying a Palm OEM battery as a spare. Why risk another Seidio for a claimed 6-7% increase in life that could probably never be proven. I have learned my lesson with these guys. Over the years I have had numerous other batteries for cell phone, etc. that evntually lose capacity but never has one just died.
    Dsol,

It sounds like you have a defective battery. Please email me your information and I'll get you taken care of.

Thanks
    It seems that everyone's 1300mah Seidio battery doesn't keep a charge very well. The 2400mah battery however does.
    I have the MUGEN 2000mAh.

I was a little concerned about adding weight/width but I actually like it better. If fits better in my hand and fits more stable in the cradle. Plus the replacement battery cover that comes with it does not have any logo on it.

Battery life is improved to the % you would assume.
    I have a 1300mah Seidio battery and have not had any problems. Holds a charge, outlasts the oem - no issues. I am actually surprised to read the problems that people are having.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selman42 View Post
    I have a 1300mah Seidio battery and have not had any problems. Holds a charge, outlasts the oem - no issues. I am actually surprised to read the problems that people are having.
    That is encouraging because I am going to take them up on the replacement. I really do hope it works.
    Well it has now been over 15 days since Seidio said (in a post above) that I had a defective battery and they would replace it.

I was told to send a PM to seidioseidio and he would get it taken care of. I did as requested included my mailing address and phone number. He replied that they would get back to me to confirm information for my replacement. A few days later I told seidioseidio that nobody had contacted me and asked why they couldn't just send the battery. He said somebody would contact me shortly.

Within the next day I received a voicemail from "Margaret" stating that this was the second message she had left me and I needed to call her back to answer some questions. This was not her second call--believe me it was her first. And secondly seidioseidio said they needed to make sure they shipped me the correct battery--which is a joke because the Thread is entitled "Is the Sedio 1300 battery worth it and it is found in the Treo 750 section of this site.

I replied back to seidioseidio and basically begged him to just send the 1300 battery to me and even offered to send him my current "dead" battery in advance. I have also left two messages for "Margaret" and not so much as a call back. I also inquired about upgrading to the larger capacity battery they just announced.

It has now been about two weeks and nobody from seidio has even attempted to contact me by voice or email. I was hoping maybe they sent it but they did not. I am so frustrated this has happened. If they had been upfront with me and said too bad, I would have just spent the lousy 30 bucks and bought a new OEM battery from Palm (that probably lasts longer anyway and comes from a company that stands behind their products).

I guess the lesson is I should have expected this as there are too many posts indicating similar treatment. Yes some people say Seido is fine but far too many say otherwise.

I strongly enocurage all of you to avoid SEIDO at all costs--trust me it is not worth the risk. Read the complaints about all their defective products (inno dock chargers that don't charge, cases that don't close or break) and even worse about their customer service and then decide if you really want to buy something from these people.

What a joke!
  17. WDW
    Sorry Dsol. I have been there too with Seidio and the infamous "Margaret".

Well it has now been over 15 days since Seidio said (in a post above) that I had a defective battery and they would replace it.:
    Same old story with Seidio. I know there are some success stories with Seidio, but their track record is so poor I truly wonder why anyone continues playing Russian Roulette with this company?

Within the next day I received a voicemail from "Margaret" stating that this was the second message she had left me and I needed to call her back to answer some questions. This was not her second call--believe me it was her first.
    Wait...there really is a "Margaret"? I was sure that she was an urban legend.

I have also left two messages for "Margaret" and not so much as a call back. It has now been about two weeks and nobody from seidio has even attempted to contact me by voice or email.
    In all seriousness, you folks have to realize that Seidio is receiving hundreds of calls/complaints about defective products. Search these and other forums and then extrapolate the numbers of probable defective units in customer's hands. Then realize that one person, "Margaret", that really isn't very organized at all, is handling all of these complaints. It is simply a recipe for failure. We have been posting things like this for over a year to Seidio and NOTHING has changed with their support/customer service. Look, this isn't rocket science. If you tell someone to call Margaret, then Margaret should answer the phone. And if a voicemail is left for her, she should call back within an hour or two. If seidioseidio promises a replacement, then he should have someone proactively get in touch with the customer and provide an RMA (unfortunately Seidio does not know what the word "proactive" means). It really is that simple. So the fact that Seidio refuses to follow even simple customer service practices, even in the face of all of this public criticism, should tell you folks that they DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU AFTER THEY HAVE TAKEN YOUR MONEY. Obviously they have proven to themselves that it is more profitable to put all their resources into pumping out new products as fast as possible with no regard to quality control or customer service (Margaret probably doubles as their only QC person). Then when all the defects come back they ignore their customers and eventually most of them give up and go away.

So this is Seidio's business model. Regardless of what SeidioSedio or anyone else says, it is what it is. Actions speak louder than words. There are hundreds of accounts on the web about their poor products/support/service. So those of you that continue to do business with Seidio, you really do deserve what you get.
    Last edited by WDW; 08/02/2007 at 11:55 AM.
    Well it has now been over 15 days since Seidio said (in a post above) that I had a defective battery and they would replace it.

I was told to send a PM to seidioseidio and he would get it taken care of. I did as requested included my mailing address and phone number. He replied that they would get back to me to confirm information for my replacement. A few days later I told seidioseidio that nobody had contacted me and asked why they couldn't just send the battery. He said somebody would contact me shortly.

Within the next day I received a voicemail from "Margaret" stating that this was the second message she had left me and I needed to call her back to answer some questions. This was not her second call--believe me it was her first. And secondly seidioseidio said they needed to make sure they shipped me the correct battery--which is a joke because the Thread is entitled "Is the Sedio 1300 battery worth it and it is found in the Treo 750 section of this site.

I replied back to seidioseidio and basically begged him to just send the 1300 battery to me and even offered to send him my current "dead" battery in advance. I have also left two messages for "Margaret" and not so much as a call back. I also inquired about upgrading to the larger capacity battery they just announced.

It has now been about two weeks and nobody from seidio has even attempted to contact me by voice or email. I was hoping maybe they sent it but they did not. I am so frustrated this has happened. If they had been upfront with me and said too bad, I would have just spent the lousy 30 bucks and bought a new OEM battery from Palm (that probably lasts longer anyway and comes from a company that stands behind their products).

I guess the lesson is I should have expected this as there are too many posts indicating similar treatment. Yes some people say Seido is fine but far too many say otherwise.

I strongly enocurage all of you to avoid SEIDO at all costs--trust me it is not worth the risk. Read the complaints about all their defective products (inno dock chargers that don't charge, cases that don't close or break) and even worse about their customer service and then decide if you really want to buy something from these people.

What a joke!
    Dsol,

I'm sorry this hasn't happened exactly how you wanted it to, but to say there's been no effort made isn't accurate. We've attempted to contact you at the number you provided and there has been some phone tag going on. Unfortunately the only information we had was your name, address and telephone number. We used your name and couldn't find any purchases made with us so customer service was simply trying to get some more information. We just need to reference your original order in our system regardless of where you bought it. Someone tried to contact you again today but got your voicemail. If the phone is not the best way to reach you, please send your email to forum@seidio.com and I'll make sure they contact you that way.

Thanks,
  19. WDW
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Dsol,
    I'm sorry this hasn't happened exactly how you wanted it to...
    LOL. Great case-in-point. This is the mindset of Seidio towards its customers. The product and service that Dsol has received is seriously sub-par. Then a Seidio rep comes back and says "I'm sorry that this hasn't happened EXACTLY how you wanted it to" as if Dsol is being really picky or unreasonable. Haha.

Seidio is smart not to have a brick-and-mortar store that customers could actually show up to. I imagine it would be a similar experience to going down to the big city DMV office...lots of customers yelling at indifferent customer service reps.
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    LOL. Great case-in-point. This is the mindset of Seidio towards its customers. The product and service that Dsol has received is seriously sub-par. Then a Seidio rep comes back and says "I'm sorry that this hasn't happened EXACTLY how you wanted it to" as if Dsol is being really picky or unreasonable. Haha.

Seidio is smart not to have a brick-and-mortar store that customers could actually show up to. I imagine it would be a similar experience to going down to the big city DMV office...lots of customers yelling at indifferent customer service reps.
    WDW,

You're obviously very unhappy with us. Please email me at forum@seidio.com if there is anything I can do to help.

Thanks,
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast