Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    GolfPS looks like a promising Golf GPS software but when I check for the number of maps available for ALL of NY State, there are only 2 that you can buy. Am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Well according to their website today, they are closed so that could explain it.
    Look into IntelliGolf. I think they have a compatable app for both WinMob and POS.
    I would check out StarCaddy.com instead as they also use graphical maps and have versions for both the Palm OS as well as Windows Mobile. They also have mapped over 250+ maps in just NY alone.
    [QUOTE=themurman;1308791]I would check out StarCaddy.com instead..../QUOTE] Seems like some nice features but pretty steep at $20 per course. Intelligolf is at least free to download courses.
    While the StarCaddy courses are more expensive it is because they are scalable graphical maps professionally created allowing you to measure distances from any spot on the course to any other spot and actually see what the holes look like and where the hazards are located before you play them. Intelligolf courses are simply a few points captured by their customers. For this reason I couldn't even find a single Intelligolf course in my state (CT) that had GPS data since nobody created any.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    They closed down the site after they replied to me. It's strange because they are nominated as Best Sporting Software in pocketmagpc

I do have demos of StarCaddy and Intelligolf but really liked the GolfPS. Here's what I would like in a Golf GPS:

1) layup function - in other words, if I select a target, how long would my next shot be

2) course download directly from Treo - I'm just thinking if I go out on a trip, I'm not going to have my laptop to download a course
    Did they say anything about closing in their reply to you?

I know the StarCaddy does have a layup feature, but I don't think they can download maps directly from the Treo yet. That would be a nice feature to have though. I typically take my laptop on a trip anyway so I can download the maps before I play and sort of play the course on my laptop before I actually go out to play the course so I can get familiar with the layout.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    No they did not provide a reason. Another nice feature would be to track how far you hit your last shot and to record all the shots to Google maps. I think golftraxx has it but I do not like their user interface.