1.    #1  
    I have had the 700w since last December. I'm actually on the 2nd one since the first unit stopped working with some apps. I have had 5 phone calls with vzn tech (not the low level guys) with no avail. My memory drops down to 6megs without doing anything. No apps open. By running SK tools I'm usually able to recoupe some memory (up to 10megs available). Within 1-2 hours, I'm back to 6 -7 megs.

Since I recently dropped the unit and broke the antenna, I would like to replace it under the "insurance" protection. Any idea how I can upgrade to the 700wx so my phone stops crashing?

Thanks.
    Boris
    I just went through this.

The first rep said I had to swap w for w. I probably made the mistake by saying the wx had more memory/was a nicer phone but same cost. The rep said she'd check with a manager and they said no. I interrupted that return as I realized my office was closed when they would ship it. I called back a couple of days later to get the mailing process going and again they said I had to have a w for w.

Today my w showed up and verizon couldn't activate it and they transfered me to assurion's tech support (yikes) who also couldn't get it activated. Turned out it also had a bad ear speaker. I asked the rep if he could send me a wx instead of a w since the tech specs were the same but "I heard the wx wasn't as buggy as the w." He said sure. My wx arrives tomorrow am.

They don't know the difference between the two phones, so I would advise asking for a switch based on that. If they ask, tell them the phones have the same specs and are the same price at Verizon.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    If all that doesnt work just try reasoning with them. If that doesnt work I recommend doing nothing. Hang up the phone and try again. If that doesnt work I would try at least five more times (if you have the patience). Gauranteed you will get someone to do it.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    I just went through this.

The first rep said I had to swap w for w. I probably made the mistake by saying the wx had more memory/was a nicer phone but same cost. The rep said she'd check with a manager and they said no. I interrupted that return as I realized my office was closed when they would ship it. I called back a couple of days later to get the mailing process going and again they said I had to have a w for w.

Today my w showed up and verizon couldn't activate it and they transfered me to assurion's tech support (yikes) who also couldn't get it activated. Turned out it also had a bad ear speaker. I asked the rep if he could send me a wx instead of a w since the tech specs were the same but "I heard the wx wasn't as buggy as the w." He said sure. My wx arrives tomorrow am.

They don't know the difference between the two phones, so I would advise asking for a switch based on that. If they ask, tell them the phones have the same specs and are the same price at Verizon.

same exact thing happened to me when upgrading from a moto v710 to an e815.
    got my wx. all I can say is WOW. This is what the w should have been.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Just make sure they don't void your NE2. That's the deal they gave me...free NEW replacement WX but I had to void my NE2 for another 22 months and with all the new smartphones supposedly coming out this fall there was no way that was going to happen (my NE2 is up in November). If you are in the first year of your contract I don't think they make you void the NE2, though.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Verizon also has the "Three Strike Policy" for all advanced data units..
    Freedom Isn't Free, Never Forget 9/11
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    i've tolerated the 700w since they first came out. \

It's been the most frustrating experience of my life (not exagerating).

I'd love to find out if the wx is really what Palm / Verizon / Microsoft all promised the 700w would be. Any advice on how to get Vizon to replace this pathetic POS with the better(?) wx would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibraltar View Post
    It's been the most frustrating experience of my life (not exagerating).
    wow. You ought to consider yourself pretty lucky.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    wow. You ought to consider yourself pretty lucky.
    While I see your point, this has been infuriating, exhausting and seemingly never ending.

I recommended these devices to my company and have been paying the price ever since.

I've personally had 3 700w's and spend countless hours on the phone with tech support and they still can't solve the connection stability issues. Palm blames Verizon, Verizon blames Microsoft and we get nowhere.