1.    #1  
    Well I was forced to get a new treo and switched all my number froms my old one via the local Sprint store, but i had not synced in awhile. So when i resynced with my new treo, i selected the option to combine my sync'd numbers and the ones from the phone because i had many new numbers that i did not want to lose (that was the mistake). Well now i have duplicate entrys of a lot of my old numbers. Is there a way to delete the duplicate entries all at once? Or am i forced to scroll through all 400 (now 800) contacts and delete the duplicate entries manually? ANy help would be appreciated. I really screwed this up.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    The best way to do thsi is to delete them from your Outlook on your PC and then resync. This will remove all duplicates from your phone once you resync.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  3.    #3  
    Ok well i deleted all the duplicates. Now is there a way i can resync and overwrite just my contacts on the PC with the ones currently in my phone? I dont use outlook at all.

*EDIT* I tried to delete all relationships on the PC yet it still has all the old contacts saved when i resync'd. I would like to clear the contacts on the PC so it will just upload all the contacts from my treo i have now.
    Last edited by retzam; 07/10/2007 at 02:28 PM.
  4.    #4  
    I have outlook but when i goto address book it doesnt have anything. Yet when i resync'd it said 800 contacts. This is so confusing. Thanks so much for your help guys. It is much appreciated to this newbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by retzam View Post
    Ok well i deleted all the duplicates. Now is there a way i can resync and overwrite just my contacts on the PC with the ones currently in my phone? I dont use outlook at all.

*EDIT* I tried to delete all relationships on the PC yet it still has all the old contacts saved when i resync'd. I would like to clear the contacts on the PC so it will just upload all the contacts from my treo i have now.
    You need to delete all the contacts in outlook and then delete the partnerships on activesync (cpu & treo). Before deleting the contacts in outlook I'd copy the folder and save it as a subfolder for a backup.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  6.    #6  
    Where do i find the contacts folder that outlook uses? is there an export option?