Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    Is there any way to kick the phone out of roaming after getting out of an elevator or somewhere where coverage makes it go into “roaming mode”? It really annoys me when I leave work and after riding in the elevator my phone stays on digital roaming and I miss emails, call, etc usually for 5-10 minutes or until I soft reset. It seems it doesn’t realize its back into covered area for awhile. Is there a hack or something that will wake my phone up???
  2. #2  
    Have you tried recycling the phone (turn the phone off and on again)?
  3. #3  
    Try this and see if it helps:
    http://ppcgeeks.com/how-to-add-a-wm-...543.html#52836

    Incidentally, I get all my emails (push/exchange) while in roaming in NYC, so I'm sure what the issue here is....

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4.    #4  
    that's interesting but not exactly my problem. My main issues is that once I lose a connection (i.e. in elevator) and then go back into an area where I have service (lobby, etc.), it doesn't go out of roaming into the sprint network...is this a common problem with sprint, I don't remember it being a problem with my Treo 650....???
  5. gimme5's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #5  
    Hit menu, then preferences, then phone settings, then services, then roaming, then in network selection, choose "Home network only".

    Once you're connected to the home network, you can put it back in "allow roaming" mode.

    Another way, if your roaming signal is not too strong, grab your antenna to cause your phone to lose that signal and reconnect to the Sprint network.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
    that's interesting but not exactly my problem. My main issues is that once I lose a connection (i.e. in elevator) and then go back into an area where I have service (lobby, etc.), it doesn't go out of roaming into the sprint network...is this a common problem with sprint, I don't remember it being a problem with my Treo 650....???
    I understand what you are saying, but I was thinking that maybe having 2 networks available and have it "auto select" the best network available under settings, might alleviate your problem.

    I don't have this issue. There is a "delay" between switching, usually a couple of minutes here or there. The connection usually has to go "idle' first before a switch will occur.

    The other option is listed above this post: just disable roaming.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7.    #7  
    that's interesting. I looked at the link you gave above. Is that just for verizon users or can it be for sprint too (I have sprint). I don't want to get charged any fees, etc. but if there is a configuration for sprint, that might just do it....
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
    that's interesting. I looked at the link you gave above. Is that just for verizon users or can it be for sprint too (I have sprint). I don't want to get charged any fees, etc. but if there is a configuration for sprint, that might just do it....
    It's for Sprint users.

    It basically forces the system to see 2 possible connections: one Sprint, one Verizon and then it choose whichever is better at the moment.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  9.    #9  
    alright, I have configured it...we'll see how it works. otherwise, ill probably just diable roaming since I don't use it much anyways. I wonder why my phone is having such a hard time coming back into the sprint network? Could it be a location thing? I am in Chicago?? Otherwise, could it be the phone itself or any software I have?
  10. #10  
    Probably the network.

    Out of curiosity, have you updated your PRL yet? That makes a huge difference here especially if you've never done it...

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  11.    #11  
    My phone says 20227. Is that the most current? If not, do I just call sprint and ask them to do it (and try to not have my contract terminated
  12. #12  
    20227 is the most current. I have the same issue. After roaming it will never go back to Sprint. There are many others with the same issue. No fix found as of yet.
    Matty
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    20227 is the most current. I have the same issue. After roaming it will never go back to Sprint. There are many others with the same issue. No fix found as of yet.
    Surprisingly I had that issue bad on my Moto Q--that and it'll lock in on 1x data and won't let go. Yet when I switched back to the Treo, I had no such problem--it goes to what I imagine is Verizon in the tunnel and I get 1x data/voice then it switches back after. I'm also using that tweak I posted.

    I have a feeling this is more related to Sprint/Verizon towers rather then the device itself, or maybe just WM devices. I guess what I'm trying to say is not everyone exhibits this behavior on their Treo...

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Surprisingly I had that issue bad on my Moto Q--that and it'll lock in on 1x data and won't let go. Yet when I switched back to the Treo, I had no such problem--it goes to what I imagine is Verizon in the tunnel and I get 1x data/voice then it switches back after. I'm also using that tweak I posted.

    I have a feeling this is more related to Sprint/Verizon towers rather then the device itself, or maybe just WM devices. I guess what I'm trying to say is not everyone exhibits this behavior on their Treo...
    Mine is Palm OS running on Sprint, and I have the same issue.
    Matty
  15.    #15  
    well, I disabled roaming and right when I got off the elevator it kicked back into sprint so it is definatly a roaming issue...I never use roaming so ill keep it disabled but it'd be nice to know it worked properly.
  16. #16  
    Well, it's not an auto fix, but what I do when that happens is just hold the end button to turn the phone off, and after the splash screen goes away, I turn the phone back one.

    Note that I'm not turning the device on and off, I'm turning the phone on and off. You have to hold the end button for about 3 seconds to turn it off, and another 3 to turn it back on.
  17. #17  
    I would think a nice mortscript to switch between roaming / home / auto would fix your problem.

Posting Permissions