Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    So, I am a longtime owner of a Treo 700wx. I've gone through all the growing pains with it and WM5. I have been thinking of switching to the BB 8830 for stability and because of the international capabilities. Anyone make that switch already?

Could you state your pros and cons for me? The 8830 came here on thursday, but I can't seem to make myself actually activate the phone because I'm not sure it is going to offer enough of an upgrade over the Treo. My Treo has its quirks and WM annoys me all the time, but overall, it's been and is my workhorse.

The reason I am asking here over a BB forum is because I want opinions of people who, like me, have embraced the Treo for a looong time.

Thanks for any insight!!
    It seems a number of us are switching from Palm to BB. Here are a couple of active threads you may want to watch.
    Blackberry 8830 Now Available From Sprint
    Comparisons of Treo vs Blackberry 8830
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Thanks! I am looking at those threads now. The latter of the two seems to have more of the information I am looking for. I'll post more Q's there. Mods you may want to lock this thread.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Man, get out of my head, I'm thinking about going to the 8830 as well (even thought about the Mongul), the ONLY thing holding me back it the fact that I love my Slingbox and BB does not have a Slingbox client (yet).
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I know what you mean about Slingbox, but the WM crap I deal with otherwise (phone continuously crawling because of too many SMS and email open drives me crazy.

What keeps me from doing it is the price of the device (I got no breaks) and the fact that it is not upgradeable to rev A. I have a broadband card and the difference in speed is quite noticeable.
    I've lost a lot of faith in Palm to come out with a competitive device any time soon, so I'd be more interested in the Curve because of the form factor and camera. The EVDO speed and Slingbox would be hard to give up.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Have fun with your crackberries. I will not go to a crackberry. No way no how. I can't do without my touch screen and there really isn't anything I can't do with my Treo. I'll wait it out for the next round of Treo's or another WM phone.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx