Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I am wondering if anyone knows if the issues we were seeing with Slide2Unlock has been fixed. I see it was updated on 6/22.

What I am referring to, btw, are two major issues when installed on a 700wx:

1. With Slide2Unlock installed, the 700wx sometimes will not power up when the power button is hit. Sometimes it takes 2, 3, ever 4 times to get the screen to come up.

2. Calls get cut off when Slide2Unlock goes back to sleep after the activity timeout is hit.

So, has this been fixed anyone know off-hand?

Thanks,
    George
    i just downloaded it and its working great for me
    mine works fine too except for incoming calls.

if i don't slide first then answer the call it turns the screen off after a min and places the call on mute.

anyone have this problem, do i have some settings wrong?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vicn77 View Post
    mine works fine too except for incoming calls.

if i don't slide first then answer the call it turns the screen off after a min and places the call on mute.

anyone have this problem, do i have some settings wrong?

If you look at the other thread about this you will read that you have to turn the idle screen feature off. As for waking the device up. I don't know if that is fixed. I think that it has something to do with the Treo it's self because it happens to me without the program installed.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    I haven't tried the newest version, but I did make a post to the author over at xda-developers. He stated that since he doesn't have a Treo, there's really no way for him to address the problem.
    This is an Iphone today screen? Does it do anything else?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I downloaded the latest version, and I am still having the same problems with powering up the device. I still have to hit the power button about 3 or 4 times before the screen comes up.

Also, doesn't turning off the idle screen feature sort of defeats the purpose? I would imagine this would kill battery life, which is crappy on the Treo as it is.

Too bad the developer doesn't have a Treo from which to tackle the problem.

Oh well....
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    It doesn't turn off the idle on the phone. It only turns off the idle lock on the program.
    Is sliding to unlock really easier than pressing the center directional button?
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    I find it works much better. It solves some problems with the built-in locker. Unfortunately, it currently does not come as "locker-only" version. That's all I need - just the "slide-to-unlock" part of the program, not any of the wallpaper and other features.

I use the D-Pad rather than touching the screen to unlock it.

That might give it a smaller memory footprint, too.

Pretty much all the problems I've heard have been configuration errors.
    Last edited by westronic; 07/23/2007 at 11:14 AM.
    I installed and ran this over the weekend. I found a few issues.
    First, routinely the power on button would need to be clicked sometimes two, three or four times to get the unit to come on.

If you delete a message and turn off the treo before the message waiting indicator disappears, the start screen will show that you have a new message despite the fact that you don't. The only way around it is an uninstall and reinstall.

I also miss that my owner info and notes can't appear at startup as I use this to display my ICE-In Case of Emergency contact info. Keeping those active caused problems with slide2unlock.

Overall it's a neat program, I guess. It definitely looks nice, but I'm not sure what it accomplishes. It's definitely slower than just clicking the center button.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    I just installed this on my 700wx and the slide part works great but the full screen caller id doesn't...do I need to enable it or do something? right now, it just gives me the regular caller id with the notification box that pops up....
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Noooo, but since when does that matter!
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    ...Overall it's a neat program, I guess. It definitely looks nice, but I'm not sure what it accomplishes. It's definitely slower than just clicking the center button.
    The main thing it does for me is allow me to lock down all the keys while having the screen off and media player still running to listen to music.

I have it set to a speed of "2" and use the D-Pad, so it is only ever-so-slightly slower than using the Center button.

I like that I have to hold the right arrow D-Pad for a second - it helps prevent accidental unlocking.

Overall, I like it but I wish it was simpler and took up less memory.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    The main thing it does for me is allow me to lock down all the keys while having the screen off and media player still running to listen to music.

I have it set to a speed of "2" and use the D-Pad, so it is only ever-so-slightly slower than using the Center button.

I like that I have to hold the right arrow D-Pad for a second - it helps prevent accidental unlocking.

Overall, I like it but I wish it was simpler and took up less memory.
    I just want them to fix the power on issue. Yes a smaller memory foot print would be nice.