1.    #1  
    Dropped my 700w this am and the five way no longer works when pressing up.
    I have the insurance and used it once when my phone was stolen. Anyone had a replacement lately with Assurion? Just wondering if they might replace it with a 700wx rather than the w.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    It depends on what they have in stock. If they have 700w's, then they will give you that. With Sprint's insurance, you can get the phone replaced free instore. Does Verizon do the same thing? If so, you might have better luck there as they may not have a 700w and be forced to give you a wx.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    If Verizon, I would cruize the store one time first. Act interested and see if they are selling the W or Wx. If they are a smaller store with less traffic they may still have a few Ws to get rid of. Ran across this back in May when I got mine. One store had Ws new in the box....a bigger and more busy store had Wxs.
    Device: 700wx,4G SD Card
    Service: VZW

When I get my PPC just the way I want it.....what happens next?
    Good morning I just had mt 700w replaced with a wx last week. It sounded like they still had both models but asked which one I wanted. I also had to replace the wx once already and they asked again which one I wanted and of course I asked for the wx. You dropped it on your 666th post! Good luck to you.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgrulz View Post
    Good morning I just had mt 700w replaced with a wx last week. It sounded like they still had both models but asked which one I wanted. I also had to replace the wx once already and they asked again which one I wanted and of course I asked for the wx. You dropped it on your 666th post! Good luck to you.
    argh.

are you guys suggesting that verizon might change the phone out in the store if I have the insurance?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    No they wouldn't sorry for not being clear. They sent it to me saturday delivery and overnight on the next so if you call today you'll have another by tomorrow.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks. Called Assurion and they said they could only replace the phone with a 700w.
    Thats odd they gave me the option of the wx. I've been looking for a new battery door for mine that matches so its not a frankensteintreo! You did get next day air though right?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgrulz View Post
    Thats odd they gave me the option of the wx. I've been looking for a new battery door for mine that matches so its not a frankensteintreo! You did get next day air though right?
    Yes, they were going to next day it when I realized my office was going to be closed tomorrow, so I suspended the process. They advised me to call back when I was ready to have it shipped.
    I used to be with Verzion, but there unlimited data plans are ridiculously pricey so I switched to Sprint. My tip. I had a Motorola V710.

If you call there main number *2 you almost ultimately will get the same model and I guarantee you it will be a refurbished model.

I recommend you go to the store and tell them how the 700w keeps on having some problem. When I had the V710 I said it had a charging problem (which it did) and then I said that I read online that you updated version called the Motorola E815 resolves that problem. They ended up switching me to a new version E815 brand new box and everything with no cost to me. Also remember at Verizon if you have the problem 3 times within a certain amount of time you have the right to switch to a different phone. Remember to be nice, but also go to the store, and be assertive that the 700w has a problem and you want the 70wx as your replacement and you expect it. I specifically requested that the E815 be my replacement politely. Then again I was with Verizon for over 5 years when that happened and never used insurance before so maybe they were just trying to keep my happy.
    Assurion only allows you to make two claims per year. As far as I know, Verizon no longer handles insurance claims in the store. Remember the old days when they would give you a loaner phone while one was being repaired? Those were the days.....
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Assurion only allows you to make two claims per year. As far as I know, Verizon no longer handles insurance claims in the store. Remember the old days when they would give you a loaner phone while one was being repaired? Those were the days.....
    They don't handle it on the phone either. they pass you off to Assurion. Any problems with a phone provided by assurion have to be addressed by assurion, so I'm not sure how the three strikes thing would work out.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Yes I remember those days. I've been with Verizon since they were BellAtlantic Mobile in 1985. My first car phone took up an entire milkcrate.
  14.    #14  
    too funny. the phone wouldn't activate and the replacement had a bad ear speaker. they're now shipping a wx. hope that works