Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I want to sync my Treo 700wx with my office and home pc. The setup and initial sync go well with both PCs but when I try to sync again the partnership is lost and I have delete one of the two existing partnerships and start the new partnership setup all over again. I've tried versions 4.5 and 4.2 with identical results. As soon as I try to sync with the other PC, it shows that I am connected as a guest and I get the setup screen again.
    I am not syncing email.
    Can anyone help me with this.
    Thanks
    I am having the same problem. My Treo never remembers my partnerships. I create a partnership and sync with my home desktop, then I create a partnership and sync with my work desktop. So far so good.

When I go back to my home desktop, my Treo (active sync) doesn't recognize the computer....it thinks I am trying to sync with a completely different computer and asks me to delete one of the partnerships.

Its gotten to the point where I am only synching with one computer, because I invariably am ending up with duplicate appointments, contacts, etc with the constant creating new partnerships and resynching.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    I use activesync 4.5 to sync both the home computer and the work computer. No duplicates here and it works like a charm.

Tell you a secret, on business trips I travel with a Powerbook G4 12 inch just for the esential stuff and that also syncs beautifully with the Treo 750V using Missing Sync.

The Missing Sync software asks you if you want to delete a partnership on the phone, which I do delete, sync up without duplicates and once I'm back home I sync with the two regular computers again for sheer bliss.

That's just my experience, it would be nice if I could change the default contacts folder in Activesync though. But then again Pocket Mirror has the solution for that but at a price. Maybe in the next release of activesync if they continue to support it?
    I don't know if you're syncing with Bluetooth or not - if you are, I found that I needed to use two different dongles and passwords on each to get both partnerships to stay and not be confused with the other.

I hope this might be of some help.
    Actually after reading yr reply I realized that you might be on to something since at work I sync using the palm cradle and at home I use just the cable that came in the box.

Maybe that's what yr looking for?

Don
    Im having same problem with my HTC WM6 pocket PC and home(WinXP)/office(Win2000) computers using activeSync 4.5

Everytime I sync correcly with PC1, when I go back to PC2 my partnership is deleted and I have to start a new fresh sync. Then when I come back to PC1 it's same scenario. It's a real pain and I didn't had this problem with my WM2003SE device

Has anybody found a workaround?
    by the way im using a cradle at home and a USB cable at work and this does not help
    Here is a link to a thread for same problem on the Microsoft Windows Mobile Official forum
    https://forums.microsoft.com/Windows...5086&SiteID=65

Also some more links related to same problem
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=312868
    http://www.mobileviews.com/blog/2007...-partnerships/