1.    #1  
    I sometimes have to touchtone an account number or a phone number after dialing an initial number... I couldnt figure out on Treo 750 how would I do that. Like yesterday, I had to make a call overseas using a calling card. I was able to punch in the card PIN code easily using the numpad, but then I had to enter the telephone number of a contact. I couldnt find a way to reach that contact and touchtone in automatically.

Also, I couldnt find a pay to add a hardpause in the phone number while saving it in contacts. I could add a "p" for a 2 sec delay, but a "w" didnt work. Does somebody know of any way to do it...

I am coming to not like the Treo 750 inbuilt phone app. Is there any third party phone app that does all these things and that could also show incoming call numbers in large window. Its hard to read those little texts of whose calling while driving. Coming from a Nokia, I am missing those fantastic phone features, but I love the flexibility that Treo 750 gives.....
    You can just enter the numbers from the keyboard, or if you like, open the dialpad during your call.

Pause is normally a comma "," but never tried it in Windows Mobile.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You don't even need to push the "option" key for numbers - just press the number key while on a call. * and # work without "option" as well.

Comma is used for pause.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    You don't even need to push the "option" key for numbers - just press the number key while on a call. * and # work without "option" as well.

Comma is used for pause.
    Thanks guys, but that I was able to do.. I need help touchtoning something thats stored in my contacts.. lets say a phone number... I use a international calling service, which when dialed from my mobile phone needs my account number to be entered first (which I have stored in my contacts) and then needs the phone number of the person whom I am calling (which is also stored in my contacts).. Now I dont remember these long numbers, so I need a way to touchtone them automatically,,, lets say I just go to menu, do something and select that number from contacts and it touchtones it automatically for me...Is that possible directly or using a third party app???
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Well, sorta. Create a speed dial for the contact. Have the phone number be the access number. Edit the speed dial and select Advanced. There's a field for "Extra Digits". Put your contact's real number here preceded by a couple of commas for pauses - you may need to experiment. Check the box "Dial extra digits automatically". You'll have to dial via the speed dial.

There may be a third-party app that makes this easier. I'm not aware of one offhand.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    Well, sorta. Create a speed dial for the contact. Have the phone number be the access number. Edit the speed dial and select Advanced. There's a field for "Extra Digits". Put your contact's real number here preceded by a couple of commas for pauses - you may need to experiment. Check the box "Dial extra digits automatically". You'll have to dial via the speed dial.

There may be a third-party app that makes this easier. I'm not aware of one offhand.
    Thanks... That will help a little... Now left is the other problem.// Does any body know of a way or app to go to contacts, choose a contact and touch tone its number while still in the middle of another call... I need to call overseas and I use calling card... after entering PIN of card, I need to enter the phone number of the other party that I am calling and I cant remember those long numbers,, anyway I could touchtone them while in call....
    I'm too calling oversea a lot using discount calling card as well. When first converted from SonyEricsson P910 to Treo750 I missed the calling card feature a lot but then I've tried several calling program that I've found some free and some paid for it but none that works like my old P910 phone. So I came up with this, I copy the phone number which I used for that oversea person to car phone and then add in the calling card phone# follow with a p to pause and then pin# then "p" for another pause then the phone number. This works for me real well except whoever the previous person you call will appear on your phone instead of the current person. i.e. you call john smith with calling card then hung up then call susie smith also using the same calling card number, while dialing susie smith, john smith will appear on your phone instead of susie, but don't worry it'll call the right person for you. Oh BTW the free calling software which I don't want to bring it up here not only not working but I have to do a hard reset to get rid of it. The one I paid for works ok but to get it to dial you'll have to keep fumbling with several replies plus I'm not sure if that caused other mountain high problems with my treo already in placed, so again I uninstalled it to avoid less headache. Hopefully WM6 will have this feature.