1.    #1  
    After about a month of usage, my Sprint Treo 700wx is misbehaving. It freezes frequently, causing me to do a soft reset. I tried doing a hard restore, it helped some, but it still locks up every once in a while.

I've been tethering with it also, and I've tried USBModem and PDANet.
    With USBModem, i get disconnected after about an hour and when I receive txt msgm the treo locks up. I'm averaging about 60 kbps, is there anything I can do to make this better?

With PDANet, not only is the the speed is not on par with the first method, but it freezes my treo after about 15 minutes. Is there a solution for this?
    What apps are you running?

How much storage and program space do you have after a soft restart?
    I've done extensive testing with PDAnet and stability and have traced it to this:

It consumes a lot of CPU when actively pulling data and can in fact, overload the device and cause it to freeze.

Some tips:

- Turn off push email
    - Turn off all auto-update programs
    - Disable Today plugins
    - Kill all unneeded programs in the background, including processes

I'm not saying you have to do this all the time or all of the above, but disabling some of them will increase stability. Heck, I don't even have a Partnership with my AS on my laptop as that does the "auto sync" which seems random. Basically kill all background activity which will rob you of valuable CPU power.

Also, do not overload the data "pipe" by which I mean try not to have 10 Tabs in your desktop browser open and pulling data, or 5 downloads. The more active connections you have, the less stable the connection.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter