1.    #1  
    I have been reading around almost everyone has used xcpu scalar on there pocket pc. Is it really necessary to increase your CPU speed? Where do I find a free version?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by integra144 View Post
    I have been reading around almost everyone has used xcpu scalar on there pocket pc. Is it really necessary to increase your CPU speed? Where do I find a free version?
    Thanks

No free version... and there has been a lot of posting that its not even effective.
    I find it to work quite well but, at the same time, I never really had issues with the stock CPU speed either. However, the speed boost is nice when multitasking.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by integra144 View Post
    Thanks
    The 700wx is pretty fast as is, so there seems to be little demand to OC the device.

If you do need some extra speed, try Teksoft's Speedbooster. It doesn't OC the processor, just gives "higher priority" to apps you specify, which in turn makes them "faster". Much better solution.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I've had it on my 700w since I got it. Personally I don't think it makes any difference and I wish I could get my $$ back.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    In the forums Pocket Hack Master was mentioned as actually working. I installed it and have it running on my phone now. Videos do play smoother, and FreeCell's animations go by so fast you almost don't see them; so it does appear to be doing something.

However I won't actually by the product. Not worth the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoodisi View Post
    In the forums Pocket Hack Master was mentioned as actually working. I installed it and have it running on my phone now. Videos do play smoother, and FreeCell's animations go by so fast you almost don't see them; so it does appear to be doing something.

However I won't actually by the product. Not worth the cost
    CPU Scalar absolutely makes a difference when viewing high-res DivX vids with TCPMP. A fresh Treo without the overclocking shows hiccups and hesitation/jerkiness in the high bitrate videos when running at the 320 clock, after I install the overclocker and run at 512 they are silky smooth.

Very much worth the money IMO because this has totally eliminated the need for me to convert my larger (high bitrate) movies for watching on the phone, I just load them in my 4 gig card as-is and they play.