1.    #1  
    Happy Fourth of July everyone. To all non-Americans, have a happy Wednesday.

Well, being that it IS July, where is the promised JUNE WM6 upgrade for our Treo 750's? Do Palm months last longer, and if so, someone please post the formula (e.g. a Palm June is a real world what, October)? I'm not mad, I just want to know. I am being inquisitive. I no longer want to get excited about updates or releases of new Treo's, for that matter, that are promised on PalmTime, when I don't know what it is.

Thank you for any input.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Check back in August, in one of the other threads, that's the "planned" date
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    this is most likely why Apple rarely pre-announces products.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Did Palm say June?
    Nope, Palm never said anything about when they would release the update. June was a rumor going around the Internet. So its anyones guess when we'll see it, but someone here with "reliable" sources claims we will see it in August
    It's still just Windows Mobile... After we upgrade we will all be *****ing on how bad/buggy it is and its time to buy an iPhone.
  7.    #7  
    Windows Mobile 5 works great for me, so I'm not in a "rush". I was just wondering because I thought I had read June on Palm's website. Oh well, August then, fine. lol...

Interstink: iPhone? It's not a PDA, it's big, and it doesn't even have 3G.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Windows Mobile 5 works great for me, so I'm not in a "rush". I was just wondering because I thought I had read June on Palm's website. Oh well, August then, fine. lol...

Agree... iPhone is not a PDA, or is it. What is a PDA anymore? Maybe its more like the best smartphone every made.

it's NOT big... Thinner then most any other "PDAs" and about the same size as your treo but smaller. Sounds like you have yet to play with one. Blow Windows Mobile away... but missing some key elements so im stuck with Treo...
    It may not have 3G but it is not big. It is much more svelte than a Treo!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Palm never gave a month or exact date as to any WM6 release, only that they would offer it. Considering Palm has just changed to the new fiscal year, I would expect this no earlier than September, probably even October if all the carrier issues are worked out.

The main issue is that Palm doesn't need an installation issue similar to the 700p MR update, that would be another egg on their face.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    The release will be late August. Bank on it.
    Im almost willing to bet that the iPhone will come to Canada before Palm delivers the WM6 upgrade for the 750. If that does in fact happen, then there will be a 750v for sale and an iPhone I will purchase.

(Back in the day, when I used my device lots more as a PDA the move would not have been as obvious, now, I dont use the contact/calendar as much now, so a move makes more sense)
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Contacts and Calendar are in the iPhone. The only thing it is lacking for me is JAVA VM, and the ability to install applications. Im happy with my treo, but its very buggy (3rd party apps will do that to you!).
    Quote Originally Posted by insidr View Post
    The release will be late August. Bank on it.
    August! Awww man I was hoping for a July release. sheesh.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    Palm is so loosing itself with these update delays.
    I bet my iPhone sees an update before my 750!
    Apple iPhone, BlackBerry 8800 and a Treo 750 on the "new" at&t. Palm Centro on Sprint.
  17.    #17  
    I've played around with an iPhone for a couple of days, and while it does have a coolness factor, it's still not nearly as fun as my Treo 750. EDGE only is a joke. Writing text messages is cumbersome. And I can listen to tons of music on my Treo with my 2GB miniSD card as well. And then there are the specific iPhone plans I would have to sign up for. No thanks lol...
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

I've played around with an iPhone for a couple of days, and while it does have a coolness factor, it's still not nearly as fun as my Treo 750. EDGE only is a joke. Writing text messages is cumbersome. And I can listen to tons of music on my Treo with my 2GB miniSD card as well. And then there are the specific iPhone plans I would have to sign up for. No thanks lol...
    I feel the complete opposite. Yes, while EDGE is painful, I still get EDGE here in NYC where I live. NYC coverage is very spotty when it comes to 3G, or at least in the places I frequent (except Manhattan).

I bought my wife a 4gb iPhone on Friday and it is a blast to use. It's great for her and I because she was on Verizon (paying more money for about the same minutes) and now we are both on AT&T. I would go out and buy my own if it wasn't for a few 3rd party applications WM that I have come to rely on. In just a few hours of use, I can type just as fast on the iPhone as I can on my Treo 750.

Safari blows away anything available on WM. Period. I have loaded on my 750 Opera Mini (3 and 4 beta), Opera Mobile (8.6), and PIE with PiePlus. And the sync of media and PIM information is so damn easy on the iPhone. AS has, and always will blow. And even though I use a personal exchange server for push and contact info, I still need to sync to install applications and move media over to the 750. If MS was smart, they would start to improve the multimedia experience on WM devices. As of right now, it pales to the iPhone -and I am talking about the whole experience - from sync to listening.

With regard to the "coolness" factor, the iPhone reigns supreme over WM. WM is, of course, much more mature (not to mention open), and aimed at a different segment of consumers altogether.

The iPhone is truly a wonder and makes WM look privative. I am confident that the iPhone "platform" will continue to evolve.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)