1.    #1  
    I need to be able move files from my PC to the storage card in my Treo. Windows Vista x64 doesn't recognize the device. Is there a driver anywhere out there for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarcum View Post
    I need to be able move files from my PC to the storage card in my Treo. Windows Vista x64 doesn't recognize the device. Is there a driver anywhere out there for it?
    i think 64bit of vista is not supported as it is also not supported in palm os devices...

encountered the same issue before & quite hopeless on it...

but is you have a card reader, it could work...
    Did you download the latest version of Mobile Device Center for 64-bit CPU's? I would try that first
  4.    #4  
    I tried downloading the latest version of Mobile Device Center and it nevers completes the installation. It gets to 0 seconds remainig and just sits there.

I actually think I could get an x86 Vista driver to work but ATT told me there isn't one of those either. I have that version on my laptop so worst case I could move files from it to the phone rather than from my desktop to the phone.
  5.    #5  
    I finally got the update to isntall but the device is still not recognized by windows.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    try and do it manually...suck as look for new hardware and check to see for new updates and drivers...hope this helps..
  7.    #7  
    Nope that doesn't work and now when I go into the control panel and try to run the mobile device center icon it never opens.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    try and locate new device or install new device...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    try and locate new device or install new device...

I don't think I am following what you are telling me to do. Can you be more specific?
    I think you need to contact microsoft, not ATT. There are no phone-specific drivers from the manufacturer, so the problem is within vista/wmdc. And judging by your installation issues, I would guess the latter.
  11.    #11  
    I agree, it seems to be a Microsft issue. I just hate to call them, their desktop OS support really stinks.
  12.    #12  
    I think I have decided it isn't worth it. I don't need to sync email with my treo because I use direct push for that, I don't need to use it as a modem because I have a card in my laptop for that. So I will just get a card reader and move files that way.

I really have found that moving to Vista is way more trouble than it's worth. Especially drivers or the lack thereof.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarcum View Post
    I think I have decided it isn't worth it. I don't need to sync email with my treo because I use direct push for that, I don't need to use it as a modem because I have a card in my laptop for that. So I will just get a card reader and move files that way.

I really have found that moving to Vista is way more trouble than it's worth. Especially drivers or the lack thereof.
    I seem to hear that a LOT with the 64-bit OS. Really not worth it (yet) IMO. Lack of drivers, compatible programs, etc.
  14.    #14  
    I am going to try from my laptop, it's 32 bit Vista and if that doesn't do it I will just connect it to one of my home computers that are XP.