View Poll Results: Can you access mobile.cnn.com?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I can!!!

4 30.77%
  • No, I can not I recieve a error message, can't load site, etc.

9 69.23%
  1.    #1  
    When I go mobile.cnn.com using my pocket IE. I get "Forbidden" in big bold black letters. Then underneath "Your client is not allowed to access the requested object." I had this problem before and when I called Sprint they fixed it. But this time when I called I was transfered three time till I got to someone called "Advanced Tech Support," but he said there was nothing he can do and I have to call CNN as they do not support 3rd party websites. Does anyone have a fix? Or does this happen to other peoples 700wx to?
    Have you tried m.cnn.com?
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3.    #3  
    just did, then the URL gets reverted back to mobile.cnn.com but now it adds /xhtml/en/us//i.html

but I get the same error message Forbidden...
    I think it's the way the site is proxied. It doesn't recognize certain IP addresses on the Sprint PowerVision network as those coming from Sprint. Sometimes your phone will get an IP address that the site recognizes, but usually not.

Also, it will work fine when you're on a 1x network...the regular vision network.

I feel your pain. It ticks me off too...
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I have a Verizon Treo 700wx and was able to access mobile.cnn.com
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I was able to access the site as well on my 700wx. I do have the hacked browser string however so that definitely may have influenced my results.
  7. GadgetGuyForeva
    I have a Verizon 700wx too and I get the "Forbidden" error when going to mobile.cnn.com. What browser are you using?
  8.    #8  
    Pocket IE, but when I use Piscel then it tells me my IP is not recognized.
    Quote Originally Posted by rarudduck View Post
    I was able to access the site as well on my 700wx. I do have the hacked browser string however so that definitely may have influenced my results.
    don't just say you have a hacked string, and not share it with us!! details man, details...
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I get forbidden in Pocket IE and 'remote server refuses to perform the request' in Opera
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chunk View Post
    don't just say you have a hacked string, and not share it with us!! details man, details...
    I think he's referencing the hack that indicates what browser you are using. You can adjust via a registry edit or via a program like spb tweaks or one of the other similar programs. Check the "hacks" thread, too. I'm pretty sure it's listed there.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    By hacked browser string all I mean is that I changed it in the registry to report that I am on IE6 on XP instead of on a mobile device. It was one of the tips in the big tip / hacks thread. I can post more info later if you want but it should be easy to find. I'd link to it myself but I'm using the mobile site and that would be easier said than done.