1.    #1  
    Long story short, on Saturday, my phone radio could not get a signal (3 friends w/ same phone were completely fine), i also could not access my contacts/calendar. I was on vacation, did not have a backup and had to do a hard reset to get my phone to work. I reloaded everything (now use sprite to back up to card) and today (2 days later) the touch screen completely stopped working.
    Is the screen not working, a complete hardware issue?
    Thanks in advance
    1. Have you tried to calibrate the touch screen? Sounds obvious, but I have seen that happen where calibration caused the screen to simply "not work"

2. Have you reinstalled any 3rd party apps after your hard reset?

3. Given the history that you posted, may actually be something goofy in the phone itself.

Good luck.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    I tried to calibrate the screen...nothing.

I installed MS Live search, threaded sms, did a few other reg hacks, that I've understood to be safe after reading thoroughly about them on here.

I'm going to take it in to sprint today
  4.    #4  
    Solution:
    Took it into sprint, they told me to come back in an hour, I had a protective screen on there, wasn't cut as well as it should have been...some of it slipped under the area between the phone/screen and the screen thought it was always being pressed down. The guy cut it, now I'm all good.
    Thanks!
    I had this same problem. I removed the screen saver and cleaned out all of the dust from around the edge of the screen and it works fine now.